Boys head circumference.

XKatX

Reaction score
Has anyones babies ever measured small for the head circumference? Olivers is on the 9th percentile and we have to go back after 6 weeks for a re-measurement. Anyone else had this?
I wasn't worried about it all, but in true new mother style, I'm now worrying about it!! What do you girls think?

Sorry didnt want to read and run, I dont have an answer to you question but Dec has always had a little pea head !!! LOl TBH I havent really paid much attention to his HC and I cant find my red book so I cant even look. I am sure it is fine. xx

My son's head has never even been measured! Think i will ask the health visitor on Wednesday to measure him.

what's he on for height and weight percentiles?

Alasdair is below the 50th for head but above the 91st for height and on the 91st for weight. The Dr at his 8 wk check flagged it up as something that needed to be monitored but the HV said that it was fine for them to be so different! Dr reckoned they'd meet at some point (like head circumference go up and weight and height go down in percentiles) but he's over 5 months now and they really haven't!

Does he look strange? If not, then don't worry! Alasdair looks perfectly normal so I've decided not to worry!

I wouldnt worry too much, I know you'va said he is quite tall... so I would think his height and body type may play into it.

what's he on for height and weight percentiles?

Alasdair is below the 50th for head but above the 91st for height and on the 91st for weight. The Dr at his 8 wk check flagged it up as something that needed to be monitored but the HV said that it was fine for them to be so different! Dr reckoned they'd meet at some point (like head circumference go up and weight and height go down in percentiles) but he's over 5 months now and they really haven't!

Does he look strange? If not, then don't worry! Alasdair looks perfectly normal so I've decided not to worry!

i don't think so! I have quite a small head for my height, so I'm putting it down to him taking after me! Lets just hope I'm being paranoid!

Hi Kat!!
I wouldn't worry! I have the opposite problem with Zac - his head is measuring quite big and the doc wants him back to re-measure at the end of the month (mainly coz the stupid midwife measured it wrong and it looks like his head has expanded like a balloon on the chart!) Everyones different eh!

My son is in the 25th percentile for his head but doctor said not to worry :)

Hayden even when he was still in my stomach during u/s his head measured a week behind everything else and still to this day his head is always smaller, not CRAZY small but hehas a pretty small head

Kat, your head does not look small on your body lol. Not from your avatar anyway! don't worry :) I was paranoid it had a link with autism but I think I'm wrong and it might be a big head that has a link. Not sure though.

Jack's head was measured yesterday and he is on the 9th centile and the HV didn't seem concerned and said it was fine.

Not sure hun, But finnleys allways measured allot over and still looks mis shaped and big now , But the doctors told me not to worry as it will go right in the end and he is growing healthy .
Good luck . xx .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->