Boys names?!?

weffi82

Reaction score
I really want to call our little man Phoenix but hubby hates it and he likes Sebastian but i hate names that will be shortened. I want something unusual an not tha sort of thing you hear everyday, i also like Sidney James but cant picture myself actually saying Sidney. Any suggestions really appreciated cos im totally lost, the girls were easy but boys are hard.

One of my friends named his son Israel...another named hers Diesel...both odd to me but I bet if you go on baby name sites like https://nameberry.com/ you will find something you like alot.

I like both Phoenix and Sabastian - were calling our boy Reuben but I like because you CAN shorten it, we already call him roobs and ruby even :)

If it helps, my nephew's name is Sebastian. He's 8 years old and no one but my dad shortens in to Bastian. It's just one of those names that rolls off the tongue...and none of its short forms seems to really stick lol

Go for it! Great name!

We like the same names! Sidney was nearly a Phoenix, in fact I'm keeping the name free in case we ever have a girl, as the more I thought about it, the more I liked it as a feminine name! We used the traditional family (on both sides) middle name of Michael for Sid, but James sounds great too. Sidney's cousin of the same age is called James :flower:

Phoenix sounds very nice. I also dont like when names get shortened but i agree that Sebastian is a hard one to find a short version of. Sidney sounds a little girly to me to be honest.
Honestly i think that you have to find a name that you both like equally. May be you should leave all the ones you have right now and try to find something new that you both like. I know it sounds easier than it actually is :) good luck

DS1's name is Sebastian and so far everyone calls him that. I imagine when he is older he will be called Seb or Sebbie. I will always call him Sebastian! DS2 will be named Alessio Luca. DH said we run the risk of him being called Al - which I hate but realized that pretty much all names I like can be shortened bc they are long. Short names don't appeal to me. Go with what you like and will always call him. No one else matters!

My hubby keeps sayin Seb and it irritates me, i like Sidney as its my grandads name and he is my hero, i think in america Sydney is popular for girls. I keep looking online for summat we havnt even considered but really really strugglin. :-(

im struggling with boys names too! Me and the other half just cant agree...at the moment this baby will be called baby until the forseeable future!

I prefer Sidney to Sebastian by the way!

Some of the names we're 'debating' are:

Michael
Robert
Miles
Jackson
Fletcher
Samuel

I liked:
Dexter
Max
Reid
Preston

But they are a no no according to him :growlmad:

x

If it is any help we are struggling with boy names too we can't seem to agree. We are having twin boys and it is double the trouble already!

Im sorry to say that I know 3 Sebastian's and they are all called seb. :( I can see Sidney being shortened to Sid too. I kinda like that though as its old manish and I love babies with old names it's super cute. Some of the boys names we considered were:
Cooper
Clark
Austin
Noah
Elijah and carter
Other than cooper and Elijah (eli/coop) they are a little harder to shorten than a lot of names. good luck

Our son is going to be Sebastian but we cannot decide on a second name.
Some forms we have considered:
Henry Sebastian
Sebastian Eli
Charley Sebastian
Sebastian Michael
Sebastian Oliver
Sebastian Maxwell
Sebastian Lucas
Sebastian Luke

I like Jackso, hubby suggested it but i have a cousin called Jack and think Jackson would become Jack. With our 1st we were team yelliw and baby was goin to be Noha if she was a boy but now i hear it every where we go.

boy names that are unlikely shortened:
Landon
Carter
Garrett
Corbin
Adam
Spencer
Brett
Logan
Parker
Blake
Owen
Trever
Kyle
Justin
Dylan
Ashton

I like Phoenix, always have even though it's a little too bold for me to use I would love to meet a kid named that. Keep in mind, people try to find nick names for every name. His friends could call him Nix or Fee.

Here are some interesting boys' names that are unlikely to be shortened (because they're already kind of short...)

Ace
Blaine
Rex
Ford
Felix
Holden
Quentin (though a common nn for this is Quinn) this is currently my #1 choice. :)
Flynn (my #2 choice)
Beckett
Cyrus
Dash
Levi
Hugo
Rowan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads