BP meds!?

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi im 21 and i have chronic high BP (secondary), stable on bp meds outside of pregnancy but tends to go crazy during pregnancy. I had my little girl last year at 28 weeks by emergency section due to high bp and pathological CTG's. Im now 27 weeks and on labetalol 800mg TDS and 400mg once in the evening, Methyldopa 1g TDS, Nifedipine 30mg QDS, Doxazosin 16mg OD, Aspirin 75mg OD and oral hydralazine 50mg BD. the midwife did my BP yesterday at home and it was 180/115, she phoned my consultant who increased my meds over the phone (added the extra 400mg of labetalol in the evening and increased hydralazine from 25mg to 50mg). I am getting terrible headaches and visual disturbances but my bloods are fine and protein is usually either just a trace or 1+, I have had IV labetalol and IV hydralazine 4 times in this pregnancy so far and had steroids at 24 weeks. Im wondering if just continually increasing my meds is the right thing to do and how long it can continue before delivery will be necessary if my blood tests all stay normal?and also what bp meds could be used next? I was on spironolactone until about 3 weeks ago when it was determined it wasnt having an effect and to stop it. Outside of pregnanacy i take Amplodipine, Bisoprolol, Bendraflumethiazide, Candasarten, Ramipril and Doxasozin. Thanks in advance

Ooo also i had a CTG in hospital the other day where babies heart rate was dropping and the midwife put it down to baby still being small and moving away from the monitor and said it was picking up my heart rate instead even though the decels were dropping in a continuous line away from the baseline and then back to the baseline (surely if it was because she had moved and it had picked up my heartrate the line would have broken if that makes sense?)This is exactly what happened with my daughter and has me worried!

no advice but just wanted to send you massive :hugs: i also had pre e with my son i delivered @ 25 weeks

:hugs:

I had crazy high blood pressure from 25 weeks and all they put me on was Labetalol, Nefedipine and Aspirin. They increased the Labetalol once but when that didn't work they decided to deliver. I was already in hospital and being monitored all the time. I had +++protein as well, and a scary scary headache, swelling, visual disturbances. They said if they'd left it another hour, neither of us would have made it.

They must be confident enough that everything is fine otherwise I'm sure they'd have you admitted for monitoring. Are you getting regular scans, BP, blood tests, urine tests etc? I had to go every day for all those from 25 weeks till I was admitted at 26+5, then Sophie was delivered at 27 weeks.

Good luck - keep us posted xxxxx

Just sending you a :hugs:.

But also please just call your doc to have them check you out and let us know how it goes.

Just sending you a :hugs:.

But also please just call your doc to have them check you out and let us know how it goes.
The original post was from January 2011... looks like, from her signature, she had her baby who is over a year old now! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->