Brain 'zaps'

rainbows_x

Mummy.
Reaction score
For the past week I have been having brain 'zaps' feeling very dizzy/faint. I've lost my balance a few times & almost fallen over. I sometimes fell like I am going to pass out, which is really worrying when I am out with Ava, my ears also have a weird wooshing/buzzing.

I have had a cold recently, but it's mainly just been a runny nose, nothing out of the ordinary. The dizziness is really hard to describe, it can come on at any time, I can be sat up, or sat down. I am eating reguarly & getting enough sleep (more than enough, at least 8 hours).

OH thinks it could be blood pressure, it was low pre-pregnancy, through-out my pregnancy it was very high, and would drop back to normal quickly, after pregnancy it went back to normal.

I'm just quite worried, I have been having sharp shooting pains in my chest & stomach, I also have very tender spots on my head, like a spot or something is there, when I press it it's very tender, but nothing is there?

I am ringing the doctors tomorrow, as I have run out of my anti-depressants (which is probably making me fee worse about being ill) and to talk about TTC with the anti-d's. I will mnetion it, but I want to know if anyone has had any experience.

Thanks for reading :flower:

Hi:flower:
The first half of your post is exactly as i'm feeling these days, WORD TO WORD! I
Your last lines shows that your symptoms are linked with your anti depressants, whatever (medicine) you were on for your depression can cause all these symptoms, that's my personal thought and does not mean that you shouldn't get any professional advice. Are these symptoms new and sudden or on going???
Do keep us posted.
Take care hun:hugs::hugs:

Hi:flower:
The first half of your post is exactly as i'm feeling these days, WORD TO WORD! I
Your last lines shows that your symptoms are linked with your anti depressants, whatever (medicine) you were on for your depression can cause all these symptoms, that's my personal thought and does not mean that you shouldn't get any professional advice. Are these symptoms new and sudden or on going???
Do keep us posted.
Take care hun:hugs::hugs:

Thankyou for replying!

I've been on the medication for 6ish months, never really had an issue with them before. I've never felt like this before, it's come on the past week or so. They last throughout the day, sometimes I don't really notice them. They are mainly bad in the evening, especially just before bed/in bed - that's when the pain in my chest & lower back gets bad & I feel like I will pass out.

It's rare to experience these symptoms once you are on the medications, but very common to get them once you stop using them even missing one dose can make you feel like this. But honestly hun, I myself have experienced the same thing as you said especially in the night time.:hugs:
All i can say is that take professional advice, and keep us posted!
prayers.:hugs::hugs:

So I saw the doctor today, they managed to fit me in! Apparently, I have labyrinthitis & vestibular neuritis, which has also given me vertigo, I have to take four pills a day.

My blood pressure is also through the roof, he had to check it 5 times and each time it was still high. I have to go in on Wednesday to check it again, I will have to have 24 hour monitoring if it is still high & could be put on pills for the rest of my life, he also said I have an irregular heartbeat, which will also need monitoring & medication :(

On a plus side, he prescribed me 3 months worth of Citalopram. But still, this is going to affect my plans for TTC, especially with the high BP & heart issues :cry:

Im not sure if you already know this but withdrawal of Anti Deps can often cause brain zapps.. you said you had run out x

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: sending lots of prayers and wishes your way hun, stay positive:flower::thumbup:
BTW what are labyrinthitis & vestibular neuritis?????

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: sending lots of prayers and wishes your way hun, stay positive:flower::thumbup:
BTW what are labyrinthitis & vestibular neuritis?????

Thankyou :hugs:

It's something to do with the innear ear, and it's given me vertigo. I've looked inot it, and it's basically something that normally comes from an infection, like colds etc.

So I saw the doctor today, they managed to fit me in! Apparently, I have labyrinthitis & vestibular neuritis, which has also given me vertigo, I have to take four pills a day.

My blood pressure is also through the roof, he had to check it 5 times and each time it was still high. I have to go in on Wednesday to check it again, I will have to have 24 hour monitoring if it is still high & could be put on pills for the rest of my life, he also said I have an irregular heartbeat, which will also need monitoring & medication :(

On a plus side, he prescribed me 3 months worth of Citalopram. But still, this is going to affect my plans for TTC, especially with the high BP & heart issues :cry:

I have the same...just been referred to Ear, throat, nose clinic and there in the morning!! The tablets sometimes make me worse on my third set now but my ears feel like they are constantly burning. At least everything swaying around me has stopped...I've not though :nope:

Hope you're ok...I've been off work for 5 weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->