Brand swap 2014

Scoobys mummy

Reaction score
Just an idea I had while thinking of low spend/no spend days. I recently started going to lidl and iceland rather than asda and have discovered some lovely own brand things. Post your recommendations!

Lidl baked beans: 29p (39p with ringpull),I'm fussy about beans,these are lovely.
Lidl spaghetti hoops: (36p)
Lidl canyon biscuits (85p) EXACTLY like Rocky biscuits.
Lidl arctic biscuits (79p),just like penguins.
Lidl simply roasted and salted peanuts (48p).
Lidl lip balm (£1.20 for 3!!)

Hubby is usually fussy and hated asda value range but has loved everything I've switched so far.

The only things i refuse to buy own brand is coke and chocolate. Most other stuff tastes the same i find

asda chosen by you baked beans-32p I think

I'm swapping cheese cos I'm pretty sure Tesco value mature cheddar tastes nicer than both Cathedral City and Seriously Strong. May just be my taste buds. I've been trying for years to get my husband to swap Heinz ketchup for own brand but he just won't.

The Aldi milky ways are so much nicer! I prefer there snickers too. Well their versions of it.

ALDIS crisps, all tsste the same to me they have ones that are like monster munch, wotsits and pringles with similar name/look. There energy juice isnt to bad either. Ih and I like there 99p pizzas

I wish the aldi and lidl here were the same as the ones in the uk. They're quite shit here. No different to other supermarkets (apart from tegut, they're just a rip off).

I used to be able to have asdas own ketchup, didn't take any different to heinz. I thought the same when I came here but noooo, non brand ketchup is yuck! So gotta have heinz there. Anything else I can go with the value stuff (gut und guenstig).

Another fan of Aldis version of Milkyways!

I buy most of my food fromAldi now and hardly ever go anywhere else (except the local market) and I've not had a bad experience yet :)

I also love their version of doritos, they taste exactly the same! xx

I pretty much eat Asda chosen by you or butchers choice everything!

Always buy branded fizzy pop though.

Good thread :)

A lot of the food we eat is value - beans, chopped tomatoes, herbs, passata etc. it's just ingredients and it all tastes beautiful once I'm done cooking.

We get mostly Aldi things- their penguins are far far better and more chocolatey than the proper ones! The only things i wont get non branded are sausages (i'm so so fussy with them so although they might be ok i wont try!) and i do like my cadburys choc!

I'm swapping cheese cos I'm pretty sure Tesco value mature cheddar tastes nicer than both Cathedral City and Seriously Strong. May just be my taste buds. I've been trying for years to get my husband to swap Heinz ketchup for own brand but he just won't.

Buy own brand ketchup and pour it into the Heinz ;)

I wish we had an Aldi here. Most of Lidis own brand stuff is really good, my DH can be really fussy but he doesn't notice a difference

I agree Aldis is great I've yet to have anything I've disliked their food taste the same or better than the brands and is so much cheaper (nappies r great too!!)

I keep hearing Aldi nappies are fab, would love to try them!

Another lover of aldi nappies here!! They are such good value!!

Aldi 'shreddies' are great and their 'cheerios'

Have anyone tried the sliced bread? Any good? Always get warburtons usually.

And what about aldi laundry powder/gel.. Anyone tried that?

We use co op own tea bags and beans, they're really nice.

Buy own brand ketchup and pour it into the Heinz ;)

I was going to say this! Its what I'd do, bet he wouldn't notice!! Xx

Another lover of aldi nappies here!! They are such good value!!

Aldi 'shreddies' are great and their 'cheerios'

Have anyone tried the sliced bread? Any good? Always get warburtons usually.

And what about aldi laundry powder/gel.. Anyone tried that?

We use co op own tea bags and beans, they're really nice.

I use the non bio detergant and have also used the individual detergant tablets, both seem good but cant say its much cheaper than asda really...

my SIL swore by aldi nappies with my niece.

I'm a massive pizza fiend and Iceland's sweet chilli chicken pizza is my favourite EVER. Not complaining at £1.50.

I've also always bought asda smartprice cheese. It's cheese. It all tastes the same. I've been known to sit and eat entire blocks :haha: :dohh:

Asda smartprice noodles are GORGEOUS too, especially the chicken ones. I DETEST supernoodles. They're so stodgy and sticky, ugh.

I am so with you on the smartprice chicken noodles!!!!! They taste A-maz-ing!!!! (I have become slightly obsessed with them - and fab on fast days (5-2 diet) at less than 300 cals per pack!)
I'm super fussy about tea bags! I quite like asda tea bags but other own brand tea tastes fowl! (Not a fan of Tetley either!) Has to be PG Tips otherwise!
And Scally, i'm with ya on sausages! But then my hubby is a butcher and knows every single ingredient that goes in the ones his shop make (but i'm not fussed about any other meat, just sausages!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->