Brand swap 2014

Another lover of aldi nappies here!! They are such good value!!

Aldi 'shreddies' are great and their 'cheerios'

Have anyone tried the sliced bread? Any good? Always get warburtons usually.

And what about aldi laundry powder/gel.. Anyone tried that?

We use co op own tea bags and beans, they're really nice.

Yes Aldis washing liquid I use it its lovely smells really nice I will never waste money on other makes again.

Not tried sliced bread as I buy fresh from bakery but their bread rolls the brown ones r lovely really big get 4 in a pack for 59p bargain!!

I second that smart price cheese is yummy and so is tesco value

Also tesco value nappies are good £1.41 for 20!! They aren't as stretchy at the sides but are super absorbent. My LO usually wears a size 4 in nappies but in the value ones I buy a size 5 as they are a bit smaller.

I like this thread!!

I think is aldi own brand ketchup that we like better than heinz it tastes like posh homemade stuff xx

I am addicted to the aldi milky ways! Also I find Aldis meat is such good quality. I always get my beef roasting joint from there.

One thing I would definitely recommend from aldi is there nappies! I think it's around £4.50 for a pack of 62 and I find them to be better than pampers! X

Totally!! I don't know why people spend all that money on pampers!! 1 pee in pampers and they sag to the baby's knees lol.

I got an Iceland frozen stuffed chicken breast..wasn't expecting much but it was delicious,and did 2 nights dinners.

Aldi coco pops taste better than the real thing!

I buy pretty much all my meat and veg from Aldi. Don't buy their fruit or bread as it doesn't last (I think it depends on the store!).

Aldis apple and orange juice are about 30p cheaper than asdas and taste just the same. Love Aldi nappies and wipes. Will use those on next baby with out a doubt.

You cant really go wrong with Aldi stuff. It's fab :)

I've been using aldi for a few weeks and like it so far. My kids liked their frozen pizza and I got 12 fromage frais for 80 odd pence. I liked the chocolate biscuits that are like penguins and kids liked own brand cheerios and nutrigrain bars. Only thing I didn't rate was the diet energy drink, yuck.

We don't have an Aldi nearby :nope: I shop at Tesco and buy

Tesco Nappies, not Value the next one up
Value Nappy Bags 35p for 300
Value Cheese
Value Biscuits
Value Fromage Frais
Value Plain Yoghurt

i usually buy everything i can as special offer in Tesco but I've started getting more and more from Aldi:

Baby wipes (sensitive kind)
Naan bread, rice, pasta, all kinds of ingredients like chopped tomatoes, anything that i cook into something else i will always just buy the cheapest!
Little pizzas, potato waffles.. not really tried their crisps or chocolate but i always gets buttons for the kids there :)
I do however only buy branded Diet Coke and Irn Bru. Also chicken, i'm really fussy with my chicken and only buy the bags of individual breasts from marks and spencers.

One thing we really cant eat is frozen chicken for some reason I just hate my meal if its frozen, and frozen is always cheaper. Any advice on how to make it better or do use not have that problem?

I've just started using Lacura face serum from aldi and it's LOVELY stuff!!! I really am impressed, it's won some awards aswell, it was £3.49!!

I swear by frozen chicken - but I never have it on its own, I always use it in sauces - curry, tomatoe and pasta, Nandos sauce ect dunno if that would make a difference?
As a cheaper alternative to chicken breast i've recently started getting chicken thighs and cutting the bone out then dicing it up and using it as normal - i've found them to be about half the price of breast meat - and has much more flavour! Xx

We've started to do our weekly shop at Aldi and can't believe the savings ! When i did the first few weeks of shopping I would do a online shop with Tesco just to see how much I'd save and it's always between £13 and £19 , plus when I shopped for the Christmas extras I think I saved £33 :thumbup: Just as a little bit of info years ago I worked at a well known biscuit factory and you would be wrapping the same recipe biscuit for the likes of sainsburys , tesco and M&S and also the value range you'd find in your local store all of the same production line! My local Aldi is excellent for fruit and veg , highly recommend Aldi :happydance:

Hmm seems worth going to lidil yo shop. Only thing I'm fussy on really is tea bags and meat and poultry

Few Aldi things I've tried lately that I found scrummy

Cheddar cheese
Natural yoghurt
Salt n vin crisps
Breadsticks (39p a box!!!!)
Salami.

asda or tesco stuffing 15p packet is lovely
asda smartprice milk choc 30p a bar is gorgeous my DH is a choc snob but agrees this is lovely tescos however is vile!!
value cheese spreads are nice.

branded always buy pepsi max any other cheap coke tastes soapy to me
and richmond sausages
and will never buy value mince always go for next one up and teabags have to be tetley or typhoo all the rest seem to be the next brand up from the value range

This thread is fab :thumbup:

Love all of Aldis stuff, I think it's really good and similar if not better than the branded stuff!

Catty- Icelands chicken breasts are really yummy :thumbup: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->