Braxton hicks already?

Kmx

Reaction score
I am 21 weeks 6 days and tonibht I experienced two braxton hicks roughly 10 mins apart. There was no pain just a very tight bump.

I remember them with my first Pregnancy but not this early on - is this normal?

I've had some tightening over the last few days - so I'm not sure what it is but I'm not far ahead of you. Will be following! x

They say you tend to get them earlier with a second pregnancy. I had them really early on both times. They say they actually start in tri 1 but most women cant feel them until much later on.

I remember reading that they start after 20 weeks. Also if this isn't your first your body probably just remembers it! No wonder birthing a second or third goes by way faster.

I started getting them bad a few weeks ago too (I'm 24 weeks now) but I started drinking more water throughout the day and they've stopped.

I second the water. I notice I get them more when I don't drink enough in a day. As soon as I drink something, I get major relief and the BH mostly stop. There are other times though where they just can't be helped, because your body has to do what it needs to do to prepare for labor, even this early. BH helps your uterus do the job expected of it.

I've had them since about 20 weeks, very strong at times but ditto the above, keeping hydrated helps

Apparently, they can start as early as 6 week. It just depends on when you feel them. I didn't feel them until 20 weeks the first time around. This time I've been feeling shallow ones for the last week (13 weeks).

I'm getting them daily now at nearly 27w. And they are so high up, it feels like the tightening is in my ribs/chest. It's awful! X

I had one during my 12 week scan and the tech said it was completely normal.

Hey, I am still in first tri, but on my 3rd baby and this time round I was aware of them from about 6 weeks. I noticed it after sex, which is a very common time to get one. Obviously I can only feel them from the inside and not the outside, but it was one of the reasons I took a pregnancy test.
I tend to feel one just after I get into bed most nights, I guess because I am lying still, otherwise I probably wouldn't notice this early on.
In my previous pregnancies I did not notice them this early, but was well aware of them by 4 to 5 months in.

This is my third baby, I get BH when I overdo it.

Yes this is normal.. I was experiencing it from very early on and midwife said it happens with subsequent pregnancies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->