braxton hicks and flaky scalp

wfc3

Reaction score
Do braxton hicks hurt as I've been have period like cramps that last up to 5mins and really hurt had them a lot last night also lower back pain, also im 37 weeks and been having really itchy scalp and now got bad dandruff its horrible never had like this

I've heard a million times over that BH are not supposed to be painful but I can tell you for certain that mine are! It usually happens when I am dehydrated though and it's sort of a little reminder to drink some water.

As for the scalp-wow do I feel your pain there! My scalp has been so embarrasing lately.. the only thing that works for me is a shampoo called Selsun Blue and I have to use it at least twice a week to keep it away. And of course I asked my doctor about the itchy scalp and got the same generic response of "your hormones are doing funny things, etc... suck it up....welcome to pregnancy" :haha::haha:

Thank you can't stop itching and made it sore :( my partner getting me some shampoo so hoping it helps dreading taking my son to school tomorrow x

Yes, the bh can be very painful. Not contraction painful but pretty bad. At least mine are cause sometimes they come on like a full force constant ache/pain and don't really ease much until I can sit but that can sometimes be minutes or nearly an hour.

Thank you for that only got 2 weeks to go so hoping not long now

The internet lies! My BH have hurt with every baby. Also dont follow the rule of 'irregular' if your concerned could be labour contractions does no harm to speak with your MW.

I definitely have bh's that hurt, and I get achy low in my abdomen. As far as the itchy scalp, could be hormones, could be weather changes ( it's getting colder here, and I been generally itchy) if the new shampoo doesn't work, try mixing tea tree oil in with any shampoo. It's tinglingly, and soothing to your scalp.

Thank you will try that :)

BH are more uncomfortable to me, and when you are in actual labour you'll definitely know the difference between the 2! Have you had BH before? If they're coming regularly and you're getting lower back pain too it could be the real deal, so just time how often they're coming and try and relax and get as comfortable as you can x

No my first boy was easy never had any of this so all knew to me and my waters didn't break last time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->