Braxton Hicks at 30 weeks

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score

Just wondering ladies what your braxton hicks feel like?

I've often heard of them described as your uterus tightening etc which I do get. But I've also heard they can feel like period cramps also with some back pain. I've had this several times from around the second trimester onwards.

I had about 5 or 6 yesterday afternoon/evening and have had one or two today.
Are they anything to worry about at 30 weeks? Should I keep an eye on how far apart they are just in case?

I see my doctor on Thursday so I'll mention it to him then, but just wanted to know others experiences

my BH are gradually getting stronger, some are really uncomfortable, you can time them if you wish but BH generally go away or get easier by themselves if you move position or start doing things, real contractions would be constant x

They can definitely feel like that. I've been getting them a lot lately. My doctor said there's nothing to worry about unless they change your cervix (which mine haven't) or unless they progress and come regularly. One night after I worked like a 12 hour day, they did start coming regularly for a few hours but eventually they slowed down and stopped. Doctor just told me I probably over did it. All was fine though!

There normal :)
unless they start getting regular or close together there nothing to worry about. i find when i have a busy day i have quite a few of them, and some have had my keeled over lmao.

mine started around 30 weeks, they actually disappeared up until a week a two ago.

Mine started around 27 or 28 weeks. I've read that if you have more than 4 in an hour you should call your doctor. In that case I would have called the doctor about three times each day for the last 2 months. As long as they don't get closer and closer together or more and more painful they are fine. I especially get rather painful cramps like you described after sex, but they always go away when I rest enough. Talk to your doctor at your appointment, but I would definitely not worry about it.

i've had them for quiet awhile longer than i can remember....my body must be sensitive to them cause i got them on and off all day and still do..there painless for me though (well most of them some of them though do feel like period type pains or an achey feeling in my bum and pelvis) when there painless its just the tightening feeling and my bump gets super heavy.

Hi I wouldn't worry too much unless they are very painful and come in a pattern, getting closer together. I have them constantly all day long and have done for two weeks now, I have atleast 5-6 an hour never mind a day :) I was admitted to hospital to check for preterm labour but no change to my cervix was being made. Also if your cervix was changing you would know anyway as you would be losing your plug

I get them where the bump goes hard for a couple of minutes and then relaxes again. No pain though and they are not uncomfortable. I think I had them from about 4 months.

Hey glad you posted this....

I'm 30wks and have recently experienced increased tightening - stronger and longer with cramping and back pain

Have to say the cramps and tightening ease but the back pain lingers and never really shifts completely

Is this normal?

I don't remember experiencing the back pain at this point with my first

X

Hey glad you posted this....

I'm 30wks and have recently experienced increased tightening - stronger and longer with cramping and back pain

Have to say the cramps and tightening ease but the back pain lingers and never really shifts completely

Is this normal?

I don't remember experiencing the back pain at this point with my first

X

I could have wrote this post myself, I have had an increase in BHs I have been feeling all crampy and my back is in agony. It never eases either. I have been trying to find out if it is normal aswel

I asked my doctor and he said it's normal for them to get more frequent and stronger as we get more and more pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->