Braxton hicks with lower back pain?

RandaPanda

Reaction score
I'm 33 and a half weeks, and have had some braxton hicks, but tonight I had something that felt a lot more intense (actually painful) and very low. My lower back was also cramping up/aching quite a lot. Does this sounds normal based on what others have experienced with BH? I haven't had any more, so not likely to be preterm labour...

I've had this for 3-4 days now, rang labour ward earlier as they were coming every 20 minutes. Quite painful too. I got some woman that wouldn't let me get a word in edge ways, she just rambled in about his normal it was with out asking me any questions about the pain etc. she just said if it was labour I'd have a baby by now as it's been happening for a few days. She also said from 33 weeks our bodies start to get regular BH cause we are preparing for labour, so I guess it's normal unless you start losing your plug or they become regular and more painful.

I had this for the first time yesterday and I'm only 30weeks-needless to say it did freak me out a little. I think for me I'd definately overdone it over the weekend trying to keep up with my toddler & husband. Today the tops of my legs are very sore and so is my back so I'm 'hoping' for a feet up and rest morning whilst LO is at playschool. I think as long as it stops when you rest it's ok, and just our bodies gearing up for the big event-is this your first or second child?xx

Thanks, ladies. It's my first, so everything is brand new to me! But thinking about yesterday now, I guess I also overdid it a bit with cleaning, shopping, and DH and I assembled an IKEA dresser (which took about 4 hours!)

I'm 33+4 and I've had these same pains on and off for a couple of days. Yesterday I actually thought I was going into labour it felt so bad!

Braxton hicks is definitely kicking my butt this time around.. Lol

Ive had that and classed it as BH. Mine started just shy of 34 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->