Braxton hicks

Holly ttc

Reaction score
Since this is my first successful pregnancy I have no real knowledge on...well... Anything. Just curious when/if you started experiencing braxton hicks contractions and what they felt like. I don't feel like I'm having them or anything, just more trying to prepare for if they do happen. :)

I started getting braxton hicks at 20 weeks in my first pregnancy and I'm already feeling them now at 14 weeks in my second pregnancy. For me they are not painful really, it's just a weird tightening sensation. They feel worse as you get bigger though, but will go away with a change of position like walking/sitting down. I know some people don't get them at all so you might be lucky!

I'm the same as sunnydee mine have never really been painful (with DD or the few I've had this pg). Just a tight sensation across my bump.

Same as PPs. I got them off and on the first time, particularly in the last few weeks. They didn't hurt—just noticeable tightening across my belly. It would feel rock-hard for a minute, then get soft again. I was aware of them, but not inconvenienced. Much different from labour contractions.

Thanks, ladies! I'm at 25 weeks right now so I figured it would be a good idea to ask so I could explain to my poor dh if I say I feel submerging different like this he shouldn't worry.

I don't even remember what they "feel" like? I've never had this strong enough to remember. Every once in awhile I get a pulling/pressure senstation but I never know if that's BH or baby :haha:

I began getting BH sooner with each pregnancy (either that or I was able to distinguish them better) and with this baby they started early, around 20 weeks. Now I typically have about 3-4 a day, more when it is hot outside or when I do a lot of activity. I know when I get them because I feel my belly start to get rock hard and also *tmi ahead* I feel a squeezing in my vagina, almost like a sudden urge to pee. It is a really weird sensation and lasts about 30 seconds to a minute.

This is my first pregnancy, I started getting them at 17 weeks, but I didn't know what they were! I thought it was baby pushing really hard on my belly, but then I realised it was my whole uterus!! My suddenly belly goes hard for about 30-40 seconds and slowly goes back to normal. I tend to get them more if I'm walking, but I get about 15 a day :) they make me need to pee though :rofl:

I'm the same as KittyKat...
I've been getting them this time since about 16 weeks, but it was few back then. I'm 32 weeks now and they are daily, about 15-20 per day. My stomach tightens and it lasts about 20-30 seconds. It doesn't hurt but it's not particularly comfortable, particularly at this stage. As I'm having twins, I'm as big as a full term!
I didn't get any that I can remember last pregnancy.
Bx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"