Breakfast before school

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
My daughter has just started full time school. I cannot for the life of me get her to eat breakfast though unless I give her a cocopops snack bar :dohh: How bad is this on a level of 1-10? In my mind I'm thinking something is better than nothing?

Awww :lol: You know what as bad as it may seem i think as long as my LO had something in his tummy in the morning i would be happy...in the mean time i would think of other foods we could try! Does she not like fruit? Yogurts?

P.S: How has she settled into school? x

Would fruit/yoghurt fill her up? I worry about her getting hungry :lol:

She loves it, she didn't want to come home. This weekend is dragging because all I'm hearing is "can I go to school now?" "now?" "is it Monday yet?" :lol: Yours?

My LO won't eat cereal with milk, so I tend to give him a cereal bar. I make them at home though, and actually put cocopops in them lol. I tend to give him a cereal bar and some fruit and try to make sure that he's eaten both before going. Does she have a snack at school before lunchtime?

I'm struggling to get lo to eat breakfast b4 we leave for the childminders at 7.30. I'm going to try to get him to have a smoothie (he hates fruit so this probably won't work) or a yogurt and toast before we leave. Then maybe take whatever he didn't eat take to the childminder for him to have before school.

Isil, how do you make your cereal bars?

Tegan's the same. She has nesquik every morning. It's all she'll eat before school and I'd rather she ate anything than nothing :shrug: :lol:

Its not unknown of in our house to have a bowl of ice cream for breakfast before school, other nice healthy ones include crisp buttys, pasta salad, chocolate muffins :wacko:

I cant bear the tantrums in the morning and I would much prefer he went to school with something in his belly, obviously I make sure to tell him if his teacher asks he had toast and fruit :haha:

apparently anything is better than nothing even if thats a choc muffin........

my eldest has a bowl of cereal but my youngest drinks milk and has dry cereal :wacko: or toast or occasionally a cereal bar and a banana.

they do have snack at pre-school/school and lunch at school is pretty early - if your LO seems to be alright i wouldnt worry and in the morning i would let her eat what she wants for now x

I think its important for children to eat something before school. Otherwise Their sugar levels will be low and they wont be able to concentrate properly ats chool. While i wouldnt make too much fuss over it, i would try to encourage them to eat something, anything, rather than nothing. Their vitamins etc can be had at lunchtime or teatime when they feel more like eating something. Mine were always fussy eaters but i found making a big deal of it only made matters more difficult. xx

luckily all mine eat their breakfast though sometimes not very much of it . if it was me id rather they had something like that than nothing. my youngest gets toast and milk at 10am at school and my oldest has to take "Tuck" which is times out of 10 a cereal bar and a yogurt drink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->