Breakfast ideas

Layla

Reaction score
Coby is getting funny about food, he will not let you feed him atall anymore, so anything we give him has to be finger foods.

Breakfast he normaly has 1 chopped banana and a slice of toast but lately he isnt eating the toast, just the banana.

Im worried he isnt getting enough, can anyone recomend something he could eat himself, he hasnt got teh hang of a spoon yet so cereals are out

xx

i give chloe nutri grain bars! she hates milk so cereal is a big no unless its dry, also dried fruit, yoghurt coated fruits and yoghurt are big hits with her!

what about a muffin with his banana??

Or a crossaint with the banana in it?

Maddie started this game ... won't eat unless she can do it herself lol!

xxx

yeah i was thinking about the yoghurt coated fruits, i give them to the kids in there lunch boxes. will stoke on on those.

Never thought of the nutri grain bars tho, thanks! :)

xx

tried crossaints but he wont eat them either, he does eat pancakes but i dont want to feed him to much sweet stuff really.

muffins i never thought of, but they are like cakes arnt they?

x

You can get breakfast muffins .... they not so sweet as normal chocolate ones?

what about scottish pancakes? you can put them in the toaster ... there nice and put fruit on them or in them and fold them over.

what about a toastie of some sort??

Pop tarts??
xxx

pop tarts are sweet too, i dont think i have seen savory ones? i will look today while im shopping, its the scottish pancakes he will eat, so i will get more of those too.

I know you can get red currents and things in packets, so i think it will try him on those

x

muffins are a great idea, you can get wholegrain ones which are an excellent sourse of fibre and not sugery at all, plus you get them with fruit in or dried fruit.

What about eating from a spoon if its more stodgy, Noah isnt very good with a spoon, so cant have a milky cerial, so I give him oatabix, then its poridge consistancy, so just dumping a spoon in it in anyway gives it a coating that he can ram in his mouth at any angle. normally now he hold the spoon near the bowl and I hold the very end of the handle to help guide it.

Eggy bread (french toast) cut into soldiers and yogurt with fruits and honey

crumpets with marmite (good for iron) again cut into fingers,fruit salad

mmmm eggy bread, we all had that for lunch the other day, Noah walked into it. I have mine with a little sugar sprinkled on, tastes like pancakes then.

Haven't had that for AGES!!

Yummmmm might have that with my new bread tomorrow!

xxx

Jack started doing this totally refuses toast
so i tend to give him sliced banana and a handful of cheerios sprinkled on top
sometimes raisins with it

Or another thing you could try is Cow and Gate cereal bars, Jack loves them

Just had a thought,as Jack isn't great with a spoon either
With his creeal cheerios, cornflakes i pour the milk on leave it a litle bit then drain most of it off so if he can't get it with the spoon he can still get at it with his fingers :)

Yeah or how about a dry cerial, Noah will happily eat shreddies straight out of the packet, you could sprinkle some dry cerial over a chopped banana, maybee ad some sultanas or other fruit like dried apricots or dried apple rings.

when Dior went through that stage i used to give her thick ready break so it would stick to the spoon or she would eat it with her hands.
now Dior has a huge breaakfast. she is a ganit she has a bowl of cornflacks a toasted bagal and a banana

gave him scottish pancakes with chopped banana, dried apricots, cranberries and redcurrents.

He ate the lot :D

xx

I was going to say the same as Cat Ella feeds herself weetabix for brekfast, make them so there a little bit thick and stick to thespoon, might be messy the first few times, but now Ella eats2 weetabix and doesnt make much mess. If you dont already, get some of those cheap plastic bibs with a catcher t the bottom, there great, all her food goes in there and she scopps it out of there with her spoon and eats it lol. give it a go, good luck xx

gave him scottish pancakes with chopped banana, dried apricots, cranberries and redcurrents.

He ate the lot :D

xx

Corr Im not surprised, can I come round for breakfast?

hehe :)

He had it again today, i brought loads of diffrent dried fruit so i will try him on tropical mix tomorrow with the nutri grain bars.

xx

Yay!! glad it worked out and he eating hun!!

Sounds yummy ... must admit scottish pancakes are one of my favs!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->