Breakfast

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
Well we're are just about to introduce breakfast this morning and wondered if you all gave breakfast with the morning bottle or before or after?

also what sorts of things do your LO's have?

thanks guys

:hug:

I am doing breakfast first then milk if he asks (usually does but sometimes a gap of an hour or more.)

This works for me because when Mark wakes up in the morning he is not hungry, he has just done enough sleeping! So we go downstairs and he watches me have my breakfast (he usually gets a taste of my porridge) then he has his.

He has ready brek or adult porridge made with whole milk (he doesn't mind the lumps) and quite often some fruit puree (mixed in) which we make from tins of pears or peaches in own juice.

Jas has a bottle first about 8am then porridge around 9ish

my baby is breastfed but having breakfast before or after milk varies. It depends on if I get him up or his daddy. Baby doesnt seem to mind either way - he loooves his morning baby porridge (we have the Hipp one at the mo).

We do breakfast first at about 8.00am. She has either baby porridge or wheetabix mixed with her milk and then a bottle about 9.30am.

I found when I gave her a bottle first she would drink all 7oz and then not want any breakfast.

We have breakfast around 7:45, really we just give it to her when she asks and it's usually pretty consistently 7:45 though she didn't eat until 8:45 today. We always do bottle first because Hannah prefers her solids over her milk so I try to make sure she gets the milk in before anything else. We give her oatmeal most days, sometimes I put fruit in it, sometimes not. Today we put a little cinnamon in it and she loved it :)

Jasmine has about 5 oz at 7am... then has a tiny breakfast and bottle at 9:30... I just started doing this yesterday.

We have breakfast around 7:45, really we just give it to her when she asks and it's usually pretty consistently 7:45 though she didn't eat until 8:45 today. We always do bottle first because Hannah prefers her solids over her milk so I try to make sure she gets the milk in before anything else. We give her oatmeal most days, sometimes I put fruit in it, sometimes not. Today we put a little cinnamon in it and she loved it :)

yum cinnamon might have to give that a try :)

i give breakfast first then bottle if he wants it... because it helps then to wean themselves off bottles themselves rather than you tryin to reduce it

i give him a bottle first then breaky an hour later usually porridge and i started giving him toast around 7 months which he loves xx

wish i'd asked this ages ago! lol
i tried bottle first with rebecca, about 8am then breakfast at 9am but that way she hardly takes any brekkie. then read somewhere that brekkie is most important solid meal of day so switched n gave her brekkie first then bottle but this meant she didn't take much bottle n needed another at 11am!
just staying with my mum this week n she said that babies enjoy their big drink of milk first thing just like we like a cup of tea or coffee so have switched back. she gets bottle at 8, brekkie at 10 then lunch at 12.30. this means she cut out that niggling mid morning bottle all on her own. from lunch she sometimes makes it thrugh to dinner at 5 without milk..depends what we're doing. otherwise she has a few ounces as a tea break at 3/ 3.30 then dinner at 5/5.30 then last bottle at 7.

thanks for that lizzie - we have been giving it both together, which seems to be going ok, but i like your way, esp. how its cut out the mid morning morning and fits in all her meals (atm she's only on 2, been quite slow with weaning) x

I do bottle when he wakes up (last 2 days we've been up between 6 and 6.30am! I'm so tired!) and then breakfast at about 8.30. We probably could do it earlier but I like to take time over it and that fits in best. We have been having baby porridge but we're going through a lot of money with the baby porridge so I'm going to look for an alternative. He has half a piece of toast then too.

With the midmorning bottle, Alasdair started having quite a lot of breakfast and stopped being bothered about his bottle until about 11.30. So I started giving him his solids then and milk afterwards. He can wait even longer now, yesterday he was all messed up with his naps so he was sleeping from 11.30-1 and then I fed him solids. Now he has bottles (or part of a bottle) first thing, at about 2/3 and then at bed time. Sometimes he gets hungry at around 10.30. Especially when he wakes up so early lol and I give him a snack. It kind of got easier to start replacing milk with solids as he really got the hang of eating :)

i give lucy her bottle when she wakes up around 7-8am then she will have her breakfast around 10-10.30am then she has a bottle around 1-1.30pm then fruit at around 3pm then a bottle at around 4.30pm then she will have her last bottle at 7.30pm we're only on 2 meals a day at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->