breast crawl

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
Anyone allowed baby to initiate breastfeeding using the breastcrawl when born?

Can you share what it was like, how long it took baby etc? A bit worried my big floppy boobs will go against me with this but I'd love to let my new baby feed in their own time etc

My lo was on my chest within seconds after being born and immediately started rooting but was getting any closer so the nurse just popped him on after 5 mins. I've watched a video of it and it took over an hour. I'm way too impatient for that!

My baby did the breast crawl :D ha was on mu chest and was rooting around and was going back and fourth over my nipple for a while so in the end I helped a tiny bit and held my boob still for him haha but it only took us 10 mins or so!

I don't really see the appeal in this, lol, I'd rather latch him on and be done with it. We were having trouble with the latch (he was latched on just badly) and the LC put him on my chest and he did the breast crawl but it didn't help at all. He didn't quite know what he was doing. Not until another LC came and showed me the "C" squeeze and nipple on nose thing that he actually latched correctly.

I tried to let my LO do it but she just got more and more upset so I ended up putting her on myself. There was no magical calm, quiet time where she could inch across my chest - she was pissed off and wanted to nurse. Oh, and then she pooed all over me :haha:

Nursing in the "biological position" was really awkward and ultimately unsuccessful for us. Once I switched to the cradle hold we were both much happier.

In short... there's no reason not to try, but things don't always work out the way you plan. That's parenthood in a nutshell, really

Our cord was too short for DD poor thing.

Once it was done pulsing and my placenta came away (20 minutes ish) I moved her up and she fed. Pretty much of her own accord really. I didn't need to help.

Yeah I cant say it ever helped us with our breastfeeding at all! But it was a lovely experience and so natural and loving and probably the best latch he has ever had!

We tried it but had a similar experience to Bananaz, except that I didn't manage to get LO latched in that position at all. I wish someone had told me cross cradle hold would be so much easier, because I then got worried about whether I'd be able to get him latched on at all etc etc, which was just a shame because he took to it right away in a better position.

I had a cesarean, but was fully awake and interested in my sweetie when we hit the recovery room. I could've tried it and all, but was so darn excited to have her! I was also worried about her blood sugar since I had GD, so I got naked immediately and stuck it right in her face. lol

Yeah I cant say it ever helped us with our breastfeeding at all! But it was a lovely experience and so natural and loving and probably the best latch he has ever had!

This made me feel tearful! I must be hormonal or something, my first baby did this, it was really a special loving moment I'll never forget and he's 14 now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->