Breast Feeding and Protein Powder

tattlebaby

Reaction score
Anyone here BF and taking Protein powder for weight loss/muscle gain. Wondering if its safe to do so and which powder to use if so???

I'm pretty sure you can consume protein powder while breastfeeding. I know with my wife, we are going to try and find some better (probably expensive ugh) all natural protein powders when she is pregnant and breastfeeding. The only thing I wouldn't recommend is taking protein powders for weight loss or mass building, since those also contain additives and/or extra supplements like fat burners and such. I found some info on another site...not sure if I can post it here, so PM me if you'd like the link...

Try to get it organic and high quality whey protein. I saw some report about a lot of it being contaminated with heavy metals because it is not regulated, at least in the U.S. Probably healthier to eat real protein from food.

I use protein shakes. Just make sure it's a good brand and don't use it to replace meals as actual food and calories are still important :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->