Breast milk to cow's milk... help?!

sam's mum

mum of two gorgeous boys
Reaction score
I decided to give Sam a bit of cow's milk today just to get him used to the taste before I start weaning him off breast milk when he's 1 (going to cut down gradually but he's still having 3 feeds a day). He wasn't impressed! I thought he'd be happy to drink it as he'll eat anything, and he's fine drinking small amounts of water and juice.

So how do you persuade a breastfed baby to start drinking cow's milk? I can't really pump any more so I don't have the option to mix them. Do I just keep offering it and hope he gets used to it over the next month?! Any tips? x

My mother did this with me , she just kept offering it to me until I liked it , she also put a touch of sugar in it since breast milk is sweet and cows milk is not lol but then again I dont think sugar is a good thing for babies ?

My mother did this with me , she just kept offering it to me until I liked it , she also put a touch of sugar in it since breast milk is sweet and cows milk is not lol but then again I dont think sugar is a good thing for babies ?

Thanks...I was thinking today that it must taste quite sour compared to breast milk. He tried a bit more after dinner, made disgusted faces every time he had a mouthful but then went to taste it again :lol: He still didn't drink much though. I guess sugar probably isn't recommended now but I know you can get those flavoured milks (banana, strawberry etc.) in the supermarkets and they might not have added sugar...

I'll keep trying him with it for now anyway. He's happy to eat anything so maybe it's just a weird new taste that he needs to get used to! I have a month to try it anyway before I'm going to start giving him more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->