Breast pump question

trish1200

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm still on my second trimester but I'm starting to buy a few bits.
I want to get a brest pump but don't know what to get, are the electic ones worth it or manual ones are enough? What do you use?

i got a battery powered one, which is a bit easier than the manual one but u still have to press the button in to do the suction release bit, it does make it a bit easier than having to press the lever up and down over and over again though...

x

I had a medula swing electric pump and it was definitely worth the money. Apparently your hand kills with the manual ones. Plus I sold it on 2nd hand for a decent amount afterwards anyway.

I've got the modela mini electric pump, i think it's great. My mw advised getting an electric one because obviously there aren't and hand cramp issues because you could be pumping away for a while. On the one i've got it has a power level aswell so if you find you are having a particularly hard day away you go lets say lol! It is a bit more expensive though. If you do fancy an electric one you might be better off waiting and seeing how you are getting on with the feeding, they advise you don't pump for the first 6 weeks til breastfeeding is well established anyway.

...also got the medela swing electric pump, which I found to be great - very easy to use and quiet and compact too.

One other thing is that pumping does take a while, which I hadn't realised before...I would imagine that a manual pump would be very hard work

I have the tommee tippee manual breast pump - it is really good and I don't find it too difficult at all - but I generally only express once a day in the morning (which I find is the best time for me).

However, after reading the posts above I am considering getting the medula electric pump......have to start saving I think!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->