breast pump reviews?

T

tinytoes

i'll be wanting one of these...has anyone any experiences with them?

I'm considering getting this range of bottles and manual breast pump
https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

I haven't tried that particular brand, but I can say that manual pumps are for occasional use only.

My son wouldn't suckle, so I ended up pumping exclusively for 6 months. When pumping 3-4 times a day every day for 6 months, I definitely recommend an electric double pump. I loved my Medella Pump 'n Style Advanced. (I'm a new member and can't post links.)

The few times I did use a manual pump (the one that came with my electric), it was effective and took about the same amount of time per breast (about 5-7 minutes). That said, 5 min is a long time for that type of awkward motion.

I hope this helps!

Yep it's really good, I only used mine once but it wasn't painful or anything.. weird feeling, makes you feel like a cow!!

I used an electric, manual did nothing for me. Electric I could get about 150mls out in 15 minutes. Manual, that was a joke!

ive bought the tommee tippee one not sure if it will do the job but i will see...

im being more and more deterred from breast feeding

thanks ladies!

...seems like the manual ones are a waste of time then...hmmm....the electric ones seem so expensive though!......

I guess I'd only pump occasionally....so OH can help with night feeds etc....maybe I should try the manual ones first...ooh decisions decisions

i use a manual one as long as you attach it right its fine i can get plenty from using it(120-150mls) i use a medela harmony and it was only 100 dollars.

I have both an electric one and a manual one (the avent one), used the manual one last night and got over 4oz in about 10 mins. I find them both good to use.

Tasha uses a manual and its very good... she rates Tommee Tippee for their lowest use of some chemical or other... electric ones have a habit of going tits up... geddit?! Hahaha... oh you'll all kill me for that one.

The other advantages of a manual is that you can use it when on holiday or out and about, no hunting for a plug socket....

Breast is best! TashaAndBump - you owe me a fiver for saying that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->