Breast pumps, anyone used any of these brands?

junbait

Reaction score
Has anyone used any of the following brands of breast pumps?

Ameda
Hygeia Q
Medela

These are the brands covered by my insurance and I have no idea which product to go with.

I've used both medela and ameda and I much preffered the medela. It is an Awesome pump. I'd recommend the pump in style. I'm going with medela this time around, but only a single electric as I'm a sahm and will be mostly bf'ing at home.

edit: I've not thought about insurance, I wonder if mine will cover the breastpump. I'm going to find out. If so, I'll go with Medela pump in style! My concern was cost, and since I'd be at home anyway I wouldn't need a fancy double pump, but when I was working and pumping I couldn't imagine the time it would take to do them one at a time.

I've used both medela and ameda and I much preffered the medela. It is an Awesome pump. I'd recommend the pump in style. I'm going with medela this time around, but only a single electric as I'm a sahm and will be mostly bf'ing at home.

edit: I've not thought about insurance, I wonder if mine will cover the breastpump. I'm going to find out. If so, I'll go with Medela pump in style! My concern was cost, and since I'd be at home anyway I wouldn't need a fancy double pump, but when I was working and pumping I couldn't imagine the time it would take to do them one at a time.

Insurance is covering 100% for the breast pump for me on Medela pump in style. I'd just have to get a tote bag or backpack separately to carry it, I'll just get the essentials. For Ameda, insurance is covering pump + tote.

With new healthcare laws, it might be worth it to call your insurance and check your benefits regarding breastfeeding.

Thank you for this thread Junbait!! I just called my insurance and they'll cover a Medela Advanced Pump In Style double pump at 100% I'd have never thought they would until you said something. That pump is about $300 bucks so I thought I had to go with a single electric one for $150. Yayy!!!! Yes, Medela is the best, go with it. :)

Thank you for this thread Junbait!! I just called my insurance and they'll cover a Medela Advanced double pump at 100% I'd have never thought they would until you said something. That pump is about $300 bucks so I thought I had to go with a single electric one for $150. Yayy!!!! Yes, Medela is the best, go with it. :)

Awesome! Now you can go for the double and be done pumping twice as fast and don't have to worry about the cost!

Junbait here's one person's comparison of the two
https://rixarixa.blogspot.com/2013/06/review-of-ameda-medela-breast-pumps.html

I'm reading it right now

I used the Ameda hospital grade one and thought it was great. I haven't used medela so can't compare.

Best of luck!! Its brilliant that your insurance covers it. We just rented one (purchasing all the bits that milk goes through) which was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->