Breastfed my twins for the last time today -feel quite sad

chetnaz

Have 3 boys + girl on way
Reaction score
So my beautiful boys are exactly 11 months old today. About a month ago I noticed that they're not as interested in BFing anymore - crawling, playing, the tv, toys are all much more interesting! They may suckle for about 5 mins (or 5 secs!) and then they're squirming to get down off my lap. I've held on thinking its a phase and they'll want booby again for a month now, but its not happening, so today I officially stopped BF :cry:

I gave them their last feed, together, then seperately, took some pics and I have officially closed down the "Milk Bar" (my hubby's phrasing, not mine). Feel relieved and sad all at the same time. I was never sure I'd be able to BF the twins, but I promised myself I'd try and I think I have done brillliantly, considering how hellish the first month was and I should be happy I've done it this long and I can finally have my boobs back, but it kind of feels like it's admitting they are now longer babies anymore but on their way to toddlerhood - I waaaant my babies baaaaaaaaaccckkk!!!:cry:

Rant over :blush:

Awwwwww :hugs: at least you made the last feed a memorable one

You did so amazing :) I'm in awe of twin mummies anyway, and especially those who BF. Well done!

Awww. You should be proud that you've given them a good start. Glad your babies are doing so well.

:hugs::hugs:
Well done for getting to 11 months and with twins, that's amazing!

Well done you! I often think how hard it must be bfing twins! You have done well to go this far x

I know how you feel, bur Harrison decided at 6.5 months. He still has the odd feed, but not too often. I keep expressing so that he can have my milk in his food.

You have done an amazing job thou to have done 11 months. I struggled with one, so I take my hat off to you :) well done xxx

Thank you ladies. You've made me feel a bit better. I think I'm taking it badly because as twins, they never really get alot of one on one time and I used BFing as having some quality time with each twin seperately. I loved being able to hav a nice cuddle with one twin at a time while feeding them. Ah well I'll have to find other ways now.

bless! well done you though! i think its incredible that you managed to feed for 11 months with twins! maybe story time with each one? either way, still, well done chetnaz :)

You've done well! Don't feel bad about it, I'd be proud as its not easy to breastfeed! Well done you. Xx

I think ur amazing for doing it for so long and with twins, I couldn't get the hang on it with only 1 lo :-( xx

Well done for getting so far. You should be so proud of yourself.

It's so hard when it comes to the end, but you've given them such a great start xx

Congrats ! What a great accomplishment!!! Mothers of twins amaze me and the fact that you nursed both.... To 11 months is INCREDIBLE!! I can't imagine it because my son seems to suck me dry at every feed, lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"