Breastfeeding and introducing solids question!

sunshine82

Reaction score
Good evening!

Was wondering if any of you BF mums can offer any advice on introducing solids to baby.

My DS is five months and next month I'm going to be introducing solids, I want to continue EBF and wanted to know how much BF will be required when we move on to solids. Out of experience how many feeds do babies reduce when introducing solids? Does anyone have a example of itinerary in how to start solids, just one teaspoon to start etc?

Thanks for any advice! :) sorry if my questions not that clear! :)

All babies are very different when it comes to this!

Will you be doing traditional weaning or baby-led weaning? Initially, I would just offer BM as often as you normally would, they eat very little initially & most of their nutrition is still from BM. Gradually the solids will increase & BM decrease, although some babies will still BF very often, as they will use BF for comfort & thirst too.

I offered some solids about an hour or so after a boob feed, so that LO wasn't massively full, but wasn't starving either. I just went with LOs lead after that & offered solids at the same time as I was eating, so he felt like he was joining in. He took to solids very easily & by the time he was one, was BF morning & night only, very occasionally during the day. I just went with his lead & never refused boob, but if he wanted it it was there.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->