Breastfeeding and pp bleeding

bcos21

Reaction score
So my first pregnancy, bleeding stopped before 6 weeks pp, nursed my son exclusively until a year, and he didn't wean until 2.5 years old when I was 5 months pregnant.

Now, I am 9 weeks pp with my daughter and again, bleeding stopped before 6 weeks pp, I went to my checkup, then i had spotting/bleeding for a few days, Almost a week after, then it stopped and now today I have woken up to red spotting again.

What is going on?! I'm nursing on demand and cosleeping. So annoying!

No help here I'm afraid with my son 10 years ago I didnt have a period for a long time 13 months I believe.

DD is 6 weeks today bleeding had all stopped and today bright red spotting I can only assume AF is on the way what an arse she is :growlmad:

I had some random spotting around 8 weeks, my doctor said it's pretty common with breastfeeding as your hormones are doing different things.

Thanks guys, I thought I was in the clear, no more spotting today but about 6pm back to bright red spotting. Not enough to fill a par and no cramping or fever. It's just driving me crazy!

So my first pregnancy, bleeding stopped before 6 weeks pp, nursed my son exclusively until a year, and he didn't wean until 2.5 years old when I was 5 months pregnant.

Now, I am 9 weeks pp with my daughter and again, bleeding stopped before 6 weeks pp, I went to my checkup, then i had spotting/bleeding for a few days, Almost a week after, then it stopped and now today I have woken up to red spotting again.

I co-slept, did night feedings, EBF on demand around the clock for 6 months before introducing complimentary foods and continue to BF my 27 month old. I had fertility return (AF return) literally AT my 6 week PP appointment. If you're eating enough and healthful enough while breastfeeding your body takes it as a signal that the climate is ripe for a new baby and fertility returns earlier.

So specifics on my AF return. My PP bleeding had turned brown and was just there a little. I had my PP exam. Then they said I might have some red spotting due to it for a few hours. Only the blood started getting heavier. I panicked and called them back after a day of this and it was getting worse and the nurse said "Could it just be your period?" ... it was. I 've had regular cycles since. Some people's bodies are just ready to return to normal no matter what you do, lol. (And I was so looking forward to no period for a while, while I breastfed) to no avail.

I co-slept, did night feedings, EBF on demand around the clock for 6 months before introducing complimentary foods and continue to BF my 27 month old. I had fertility return (AF return) literally AT my 6 week PP appointment. If you're eating enough and healthful enough while breastfeeding your body takes it as a signal that the climate is ripe for a new baby and fertility returns earlier.

So specifics on my AF return. My PP bleeding had turned brown and was just there a little. I had my PP exam. Then they said I might have some red spotting due to it for a few hours. Only the blood started getting heavier. I panicked and called them back after a day of this and it was getting worse and the nurse said "Could it just be your period?" ... it was. I 've had regular cycles since. Some people's bodies are just ready to return to normal no matter what you do, lol. (And I was so looking forward to no period for a while, while I breastfed) to no avail.

It's just so strange because it isn't turning into anything. No spotting all day, then it starts at night? That's never been how af has geared up for me. I guess I'm Just worried that if this random spotting continues, does it mean something bad? The week I spotted after my exam never turned into af either! Gah so frustrating!

Could just be its first kick start as your lining replenishes over a couple cycles. You never know. If it continues for some inordinate amount of time call your OB, bodies do weird things post baby as they reset.

I had random spotting that would come and go for what felt like ages. It was mostly in the evening especially if I was active that day. It totally sucks but it did eventually go away completely for me. Hope it does for you too!

I had random spotting that would come and go for what felt like ages. It was mostly in the evening especially if I was active that day. It totally sucks but it did eventually go away completely for me. Hope it does for you too!

How long did yours last? Was it as far along as 10 weeks p.p. If you don't mind me asking? Day 3 of spotting. Hasnt progressed into anything 😕

How long did yours last? Was it as far along as 10 weeks p.p. If you don't mind me asking? Day 3 of spotting. Hasnt progressed into anything 😕

Yes.. It finally stopped right before I was 10 weeks pp. I seriously thought I'd be spotting forever. Then I'd have a day or two without anything and would get excited and then it would be back. Big hugs :hugs:

Also I will add I didn't have that with my first either.. It was a little worse with my second and then lasted ages with this one. I heard recovery lasted longer with each baby and I guess it's true.

THANK YOU. So much, seriously. I had heard that recovery takes longer each time, which is funny because physically and emotionally I feel so much better this time, but the after pains this time were incredible. They hurt me as much as the end of labor contractions lol. I guess for now I'll keep an eye on things, im tracking it in an app so if I do need to go to the Dr I have record, God knows my memory is crap right now lol fingers crossed itll be done soon !

THANK YOU. So much, seriously. I had heard that recovery takes longer each time, which is funny because physically and emotionally I feel so much better this time, but the after pains this time were incredible. They hurt me as much as the end of labor contractions lol. I guess for now I'll keep an eye on things, im tracking it in an app so if I do need to go to the Dr I have record, God knows my memory is crap right now lol fingers crossed itll be done soon !

You're welcome :hugs: good idea to keep record! I didn't do that and really should have just in case. I swear my brain is slowly melting :haha: so odd about the after pains... I felt that way too. They were terrible this time for me too! I'm sorry you are dealing with that stuff. I hope it eases for you soon!

Tis is what I'm going through as well glad to hear its perfectly normal :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->