Breastfeeding and spotting

eris

Reaction score
Hello ladies, question for you. My LO is 9 weeks old and I'm EBF. About a week ago I had some barely there spotting, it only happened 2 to 3 times a day for 3 days. I thought I was getting my period, but no cramps or anything and since it stopped nothing else. Is this normal? She is sleeping 4 to 6 hours a night now. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum. I just am not sure if this is due to breastfeeding or not.

Has she been breastfeeding more than usual? After my lochia 'stopped', I had a few days of light recurrence here and there, which seemed to coincide with my daughter feeding more than usual. I assumed it was due to the uterine contractions that breastfeeding causes. 9 weeks does seem a bit late for this though - I haven't seen any spotting at all now since about 6 weeks. Could it perhaps be related to sex? Sorry I can't be of more help ...

Hmm, I don't believe she was nursing more often or even less at that point. I did have sex a few days before that. Still waiting on my libido to come back! Thanks for your help. :)

I had spotting at around 8 weeks, and 4 weeks later a proper period came and now i have monthly cycles. And I'm ebf and this baby has never even attempted to drink from a bottle :growlmad: not impressed at my body!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->