Breastfeeding and trying for another baby?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I am really wondering how this all would work. In about 6 months OH and I were going to TTC for another baby. I am currently pumping / breastfeeding (pump for now since my baby is in NICU). I was planning on breastfeeding for as long as possible, but I am wondering how that will effect everything if we wanted to have another baby?

Thanks so much ladies! Tips and advice would also be much appreciated.

Congratulations on your baby! :)

My period returned just 2 months PP and we just really started trying to get pregnant in July and it happened in August. I am now 10 weeks and still breastfeeding our dd. I hope to continue until she is at least a year old if I am able.

Had my first pp period when DS1 was about 10 months but it was a bit erratic for a few months. I was still breastfeeding when we conceived our 2nd when DS1 was 15 or 16mths old and continued to BF until the day before his 2nd birthday (his choice).

AF returned for me at 5 1/2 months pp with my son. We started trying to conceive, and fell pregnant around when DS was around 1 year old.
Some women get their AF back immediately regardless of exclusively BFing, and others have to stop completely for their cycles to return. It's different for everyone, though, so don't stress too much!

It's an extremely individual experience. Some people struggle to conceive while nursing and others find they have no problems. A lot of it will also depend on your LO's nursing personality and how often they're nursing 6 mo from now and how well they take to solids. There's a sticky at the top of the page for TTC and tandem nursing support. Knowledge is power, so the more you learn about the struggles others have faced, the more prepared you'll feel when it comes to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->