breastfeeding at night

goldstns

Reaction score
I am so lucky (knock on wood) that my baby girl sometimes sleeps up to 7 hr between feedings at night. I will wake up with my boobs hurting a bit because they need to be drained. However I can't get myself to want to wake in the middle of the night just to pump. Plus she's unpredictable...sometimes she wakes at 2am to feed and sometimes not till 5 am. Is it ok for me not to wake just to pump or is that bad for my supply? I have been lucky to have a pretty good supply since she was born.

She's still pretty young, so it's hard to say. But if you haven't had issues with supply, I'd say go ahead and get some sleep. If you do wake to pump, you could end up with an oversupply and that's no fun either. My son started doing regular 6 or 7 hour stretches from about 7 weeks to 15 weeks and i didn't pump unless i was too uncomfortable to sleep...No problems here. The last couple of weeks his routine has changed a bit and doesn't usually get that 6-7 hour stretch like he used to (sigh) and I've got plenty of milk to keep him happy throughout the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->