Breastfeeding awareness cake help! *updated*

angelandbump

Working Mum :o)
Reaction score
We are having a tea party at our baby cafe next Tuesday and we all have been asked to bring something sweet with us. 3 mums are doing boob cupcakes so I would like to do something different.

Any ideas? Xx

Lactation cookies was my first thought too. Or I'm sure there is a cake/energy bar version out there if you google.

I wonder if you have time to make a Herman the German friendship cake? It does take about a week of prep if I remember (easy prep though) and at the end you bake one cake plus give the mix to three other people for them to tend and bake. Not directly related to breastfeeding but good for a sort of 'mummies sticking together' sort of theme.

Do you have the recipe for lactation cookies?

I've done the friendship cake before but I don't have enough time to complete it in time xx

If you Google lactation cookies, there's a load of recipes. Most contain oats, brewers yeast and flax, but are basically a normal biscuit otherwise :)

Thank you, I'll see if I can get the ingredients and give them a go.

I think I am going to give in and also do a nursing bra cake or biscuit x

Ooh, could you do a teacake type thing with nipples? Or a snowball? Or jelly! Haha! This sounds like fun! :) hope it goes well, whatever you decide to make!

I did a test run on Friday with round donuts. I melted white chocolate and added food colouring to make then pale pink. They looked good but I'm going to work on making the nipples to go on them today haha.
I'll upload a pic with finished product x

Well after a very long day with a teething baby, I had to quickly throw together the cakes using what I had at home. Here was our finished product

Attachments

• boob cakes.jpg
    boob cakes.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly