• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Breastfeeding Buddies - support and advice.

I would love a buddy! My LO seems to have trouble latching sometimes, and I think I was the problem. When we were in the hospital I didn't make sure that she would latch properly, I was so worried about her weight I just wanted to make sure that she would eat. Now I am worried that her poor latch is causing her to get gassy or whatnot and I need to basically re-teach her to latch correctly. Sometimes we get it and sometimes we don't!

Hi :flower:

I'm going to pair you with Canadamom.

I've sent her a pm asking her to contact you - but you can of course contact her first if you'd rather :thumbup:

Welcome to the buddy system! :hugs:

Glad you found it! :happydance: What made you look? Did someone direct you here?

I don't think anyone is ever too experienced - you never stop learning! :thumbup:

I'm going to pair you with moomette. Pop her a pm and I'm sure she'd be happy to help you. :thumbup: She has experience of TT.
If you need further help regarding oversupply or strong letdown that moomette can't offer then give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction. (We don't seem to have a current champion on the list that has dealt with both TT and OS and SLD)

If you'd like to be a BF champion then pop your details on the champions thread in the BF section and Nervous_1 will happily add you to our list. :thumbup::hugs:

I will pm moomette! Thanks so much. :thumbup:

I was asking for help in the BF champions thread and there was discussion about how the buddy system is great, but not many people have been requesting them lately. I didn't know the thread existed, honestly! I posted on b&b while TTC, but not very much at all while I was pregnant until I hit the 3rd trimester. I didn't have much luck with the TTC buddy thread, so it never occurred to me to check out the pregnancy buddies forum.:dohh:

I will definitely post my deets in the BF champions thread. I managed my first two with no support at all, but it's HARD sometimes, and I'd love to be able to help out any way I can!

Glad you found it! :happydance: What made you look? Did someone direct you here?

I don't think anyone is ever too experienced - you never stop learning! :thumbup:

I'm going to pair you with moomette. Pop her a pm and I'm sure she'd be happy to help you. :thumbup: She has experience of TT.
If you need further help regarding oversupply or strong letdown that moomette can't offer then give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction. (We don't seem to have a current champion on the list that has dealt with both TT and OS and SLD)

If you'd like to be a BF champion then pop your details on the champions thread in the BF section and Nervous_1 will happily add you to our list. :thumbup::hugs:

I will pm moomette! Thanks so much. :thumbup:

I was asking for help in the BF champions thread and there was discussion about how the buddy system is great, but not many people have been requesting them lately. I didn't know the thread existed, honestly! I posted on b&b while TTC, but not very much at all while I was pregnant until I hit the 3rd trimester. I didn't have much luck with the TTC buddy thread, so it never occurred to me to check out the pregnancy buddies forum.:dohh:

I will definitely post my deets in the BF champions thread. I managed my first two with no support at all, but it's HARD sometimes, and I'd love to be able to help out any way I can!

Glad to be able to help :thumbup:

I don't think alot of people realise that this part of the forum exists. It's not the best place to have this type of thread to be honest but it's where it's meant to go.

Please do pass the word round to any of your BnB friends who might need some BF support. :thumbup::hugs:

yay! found it, is there a way to maybe make this a sticky thread?
Im just looking for more of an encouraging "you can do it, dont quit!" kind of buddy.. my lo will go through days where Im seriously a human pacifier... :wacko: and lately she will squirm and pull back (OUCH!) while shes latched and eating.. she has a good latch and no TT or LT but the squirming-grunting-pulling-back-while-eating thing is killer!!

yay! found it, is there a way to maybe make this a sticky thread?
Im just looking for more of an encouraging "you can do it, dont quit!" kind of buddy.. my lo will go through days where Im seriously a human pacifier... :wacko: and lately she will squirm and pull back (OUCH!) while shes latched and eating.. she has a good latch and no TT or LT but the squirming-grunting-pulling-back-while-eating thing is killer!!

I will ask the question :thumbup:

I'm going to pair you with Cangaroo. :flower:

She's got experience of BF without the use of formula, BF upon returning to work and BF a toddler (extended BF). I'm sure she'll be more than happy to be your cheerleader! :happydance::thumbup:

I will send her a message to pm you - but do feel free to pm her first yourself. :hugs:

YAY!! I found the thread!

So, I'd LOVE a buddy... but I'm not sure if I might be too experienced or something? I've breastfed for a total of over 3 1/2 years (so far!). My new LO is 5 weeks old today, and the issues I'm dealing with include a (probable) tongue tie, strong let down and over supply, and just the usual getting through the early stages sleep deprivation. I bf my first for 18 months and my second for 2 years. Maybe I should be offering myself up to buddy with newer mums instead? I don't know. It would be lovely to have some help with the whole tongue tie thing, though. It's completely new and foreign to me, I'd never even heard of such a thing until 2 weeks ago.

Hi there

I posted one response in the bf champions thread to this, but just wanted to say I'm a champion with experience of tt, os, and sld (strong letdown?) so feel free to pair me with future peeps with these issues :thumbup:

YAY!! I found the thread!

So, I'd LOVE a buddy... but I'm not sure if I might be too experienced or something? I've breastfed for a total of over 3 1/2 years (so far!). My new LO is 5 weeks old today, and the issues I'm dealing with include a (probable) tongue tie, strong let down and over supply, and just the usual getting through the early stages sleep deprivation. I bf my first for 18 months and my second for 2 years. Maybe I should be offering myself up to buddy with newer mums instead? I don't know. It would be lovely to have some help with the whole tongue tie thing, though. It's completely new and foreign to me, I'd never even heard of such a thing until 2 weeks ago.

Hi there

I posted one response in the bf champions thread to this, but just wanted to say I'm a champion with experience of tt, os, and sld (strong letdown?) so feel free to pair me with future peeps with these issues :thumbup:

SO sorry misty - I have NO idea how I missed that! :dohh: :hugs: (my mind is just full of babies, boobs and potty training at the moment :haha:)

SHump76 - please do feel free to discuss any problems with misty aswell as moomette - I'm sure moomette won't mind and you can never have too much support :hugs:

Yay, double buddies!! ;)

I can use all the help and good vibes I can get!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->