Breastfeeding burnout

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
My goal has always been to breastfeed my kids for 2 years, I surpassed it with my oldest and he was on the boob for almost 3 years, tandem with his brother.
The baby is almost 18m and I'm only 6 months away from my goal but I am so done now. I am beyond ready to wean him but there is so much guilt around it. Does anyone have any advice? Just wondering what other moms think.

Just wanted to say great job mumma :hugs:

You have done amazingly and if you really just cannot go on then really no one will judge you for that you have to do what is best for you and your babies :hugs:

I am in the process of gently weaning my daughter as I am at that point so far we have managed to day wean and it is only night now hoping one day she will sleep through and we can night wean

Good luck

YOuve done 18 long months already so really don't feel bad. I think you. Red to do things as long as they work for you and if it's no longer working then stop, no need to feel guilty and no need to make yourself miserable just because you thought you would do it for longer. X

I was in that boat 6 months ago. My DD turns 2 tomorrow and I reached the goal, but I was really, really over it for a good long stretch. The only thing that kept me bf, was the fact I could not fully wean her because of the guilt. Now she nurses twice a day, sometimes less, sometimes more and I'm mostly okay with it. Just wanted to say, that I've been there and no one will blame you if you decide to wean now.

Thanks everyone, I just feel guilty because I did it so long with his brother and it really was a great experience with him, i have lots of fond memories with my oldest. But the baby bites and is clingy, I feel like he is on the Boob or crying for it all. Day. Long. and I've had someone on the Boob for going on 4 years now!
Then again I also know time passes so fast and before I know it he wont want a thing to do with me. I'm trying to night wean first, I night weaned my oldest at 18m. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as night weaning my oldest did. .then I won't feel so bad weaning him completely

Good luck with the night weaning please pass on any tips :thumbup:

I have managed to day wean my DD now actually went smoothly but night time she is like a newborn :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->