Breastfeeding headaches?

Kiss08

Reaction score
My headaches have gotten progressively worse since I started BFing, especially since milk came in. It's not dehydration. Anyone else have this?

I should also mention that it gets worse when I nurse or pump.

I also have headaches i dont know why so im stalking this thread!! x

I had a headache pretty much non stop from 6 days until baby was a few weeks old, but it did get better! I just took a low dose of paracetamol. I assume it was hormones x

Hi Kiss, good to see you again :)

I'd mention it to your doctor, don't want to scare anyone, but I had exactly what you are describing, and it turned out was the beginning of me getting mastitis, so if you start to feel worse, get flu like symptoms such as fever or chills, and keep an eye out for sore spots and pink or red patch that almost look like a rash on your breasts.

My midwife wrote my a script for an antibiotic to get it resolved, she also advised me to take some ibuprofen every 6 hrs as it's both a pain reviler and an anti inflammatory. Hopefully this isn't the case for you, and as Katteh mentioned above, it just goes away for you with no other issues

I called my doctor. He thinks its just a transitional thing. I only have a tiny headache today. I stopped pumping after every nursing session last night so I think that helped too. My milk is fully in now as well so I'm hoping it was just my body getting used to the hormones. I'm taking 800 mg of ibuprofen for my headaches/vaginal swelling/backaches and that seems to ease things, too.

I think thats normal hun. My midwife told me to have a bottle of water handy during feeds as your head will ache due to deyhdration while LO is feeding.x

Interesting!
I was just starting to get concerned about my mild headaches. Baby is almost 4wks now and I've been having mild headaches on and off for about the past week. I thought it to be odd since I'm already taking ibuprofen600 1-2 times daily due to back pain left from epidural.
I chalked it up to sleep deprivation. I'd be sleeping now if I didn't have to pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->