• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

breastfeeding moms how long did it take for you to get your period again?

fashionlover

Reaction score
Just curious. Really trying to avoid getting pregnant again and am not on birth control. Was using rhythm method pre baby but now that I have no ovulation I have nothing to go by...thoughts?

With my eldest 5 months with all my others so far 10-11 months xx

I got my period back at 5 months.............but didnt start ovulating till 13 months

My dd was born at 32 weeks and exclusively breastfeeding NO bottles, I got my period back on my due date so 8 weeks.

Exactly 8 months to the day with Thomas, and a few days over 9 months with Sophie. I had signs with Sophie that something was starting to happen a few months before my period showed. I would get fertile cervical mucous once a month for a few days, and got very crampy and hormonal.

I got my first one 4.5 months. Then about a month after that I had a week of horrible cramps and period like symptoms, but no period. No idea when it will return on a schedule.

I never got mine back before getting pregnant again :L

16.5 months so I was quite lucky, although I then had three periods in the space of 6 weeks! :dohh:

I had one period about a month or so after my pp bleeding stopped, then nothing for 7 months, and now I've just had one at 9 months pp

Got mine back after 4 months and was exclusivley bf!! I don't get the usual pmt signs anymore, its 'bam' and AF here. I noticed ewcm/ov pains only after the 3rd AF. The fist couple where light and only lasted a 2-3 days then back to usual 4-5 days.

13 months after my first, got pregnant with #3 before I got my period back from bf-ing #2.

I was on the depo shot straight away after having my son so I had THE most messed up periods for that entire year. This time around AF arrived 1 week before my daughter was 6 month old. I was really hoping to be one of those ladies who could say "Well, 12 months and no AF!!!" :dohh: :nope: no such luck :cry:

Summer_rain were you night nursing at 10-11 months??? I night nurse 3-4x a night wondering if that will keep it at bay, LOL

Still waiting for mine (LO is almost 14 months now) but judging by symptoms I'm either due for one soon or preggo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->