Breastfeeding, neg tests, no hcg, no period

Shandelion

Reaction score
I'm breastfeeding my sixteen month old son. I've had my period back like clockwork since he was three months old. In July I had unprotected sex with my husband at the time I should have been ovulating. No period in July!

I've failed every hpt and was given a blood test at the ER yesterday; the nurse said my HCG was under 1 so I simply can't be pregnant. I still have doubts. Anyone have experience like this and been pregnant? I NEVER miss my period, even since breastfeeding. I've also been weepy lol, which is unlike me. I've also lost my appetite, which happened in my last pregnancy. I've lost several pounds the last few weeks. But it could all be in my head...

I haven't really heard of anyone with a hcg level below 1 after a missed period to be pregnant? But then again I wasn't really aware of hcg levels till I had to have bloods taken for this pregnancy. Sorry I'm not much help but didn't want to read and run. :hugs:

I haven't really heard of anyone with a hcg level below 1 after a missed period to be pregnant? But then again I wasn't really aware of hcg levels till I had to have bloods taken for this pregnancy. Sorry I'm not much help but didn't want to read and run. :hugs:

Thanks :) I know nothing about hcg myself. Thanks for responding! Doctors tend to see things in such absolute black and white, I just never know what to believe lol, except what my own body is doing that I can see.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that you're pregnant. Hcg is only produced when a fertilized egg implants in your uterus (or in the case of ectopic, outside the uterus). It's the baby that makes the hcg. I'm not going to say 100% that you're not pregnant because crazy things happen, but it is really really really unlikely. Have you had your thyroid tested? A thyroid issue could cause some of the symptoms you've described. Hope you figure it out soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->