Breastfeeding Questions...

BlueMoonBubba

Reaction score
Hi all :flower:

I've been pumping/breastfeeding LO but I've suddenly realised my milk supply has decreased I'm scared I'm pumping twice a day I used to get around 9 oz now it's only about 3oz :nope:, also how can I get him yo stay breastfeeding without falling entirely asleep and won't wake up?

When I defrost frozen milk it's kind of curdled, has it gone bad? My milk used to have a thick layer of fat and was kind of yellowy now it's just white and looks like regular milk us that normal:shrug:

Thanks to all

Hi there,
How old is your baby? Is the amount you are pumping in addition to what you are feeding LO?

Not really sure about the falling asleep thing, maybe try tickling him, feeding in a brightly lit room with lots of noise? Again depends on the age. Young babies sleep anywhere and sleep through anything.

How are you thawing your milk? Does it smell bad? You can either thaw them in the fridge for a day or so, or put the bag in the bowl of roomtemp water for 10 minutes or so. DO NOT USE HOT WATER. That can definitely start to cook the fat in the milk and make it smell like horrible cheese. It's normal for thawed milk to look different, a little yellowish and separated. If your LO will drink it, then it's still good. There's also the lipase issue which isn't harmful, but some LOs will reject it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->