Breastfeeding tips?

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with baby #2 and wondered if any of you ladies have any tips or advice about breastfeeding so I can prepare?

I am going on a breastfeeding class in June as part of my antenatal classes so I am sure I will get plenty of information then but never hurts to get all you can.

I did breastfeed my son (almost 5 years ago!) for 6 days exclusively only as I was only 18 years old and unfortunately was given some bad advice and was told expressing into a bottle wouldn't confuse him and I didn't know any better at the time. Unfortunately it did confuse him and despite my best efforts he would not reattach to the breast. I expressed for a further 4 weeks but I obviously was not expressing often enough and my ample supply withered away and was not enough for him anymore. I want to do everything I can to ensure nothing like that happens again.

Thanks in advance :flower:

I'm sure you know this if you fed your first but be prepared for baby to want to feed a lot. This was the thing that got me. The midwife kept saying she should go 4 hours between feeds but it's just not true. Get your partner on board is my other best advice but I really wish someone had told me beforehand that she'd want the boob all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->