Breastfeeding twins

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
Anyone done it?

I'm expecting twins in sep and want to breastfeed them

Was wondering if people can offer advise?

firstly congrats

bf twins is entirely possible it does take commitment though and can be a full on job and i would sugest weaning evie as BF twins plus feeding a toddler would be very very hard work, twins are often born smaller and require more smaller feeds in a day rather than bigger ones as they have tiny tummys so i would make sure you have people who can come help take care of Evie once your OH goes back to work as i imagine you will be spending alot of the time in the early weeks feeding when they arent sleeping but go for it

i was talking about this yesterday, im not having twins (or at least i dont think i am!!!) i would 100% breastfeed them if i did though, i dont have any advice really but congratualtions!

there's a user on here "nut_shake" who has successfully BF'ed her twins for 2 months, despite major issues like oversupply, constant leaking/spraying, her babies eating like all day etc... she had her babies at the end of november i believe, so her experience is still very fresh :) i'll try to find a thread from her, so you can contact her.

here's a thread by her: https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/508420-really-hating-now.html

Congratulations! I have No experience with feeding twins, but I heard if you can get them into a rhythm and routine your older baby may even help with supply... Eg: Older one to start the feed to prevent spraying/leaking, followed by tandem feed. Or for low milk supply, tandem feed twins then older one to suckle and help milk production. Or you can do a 3 way cycle. By this time your older one will mainly be in it for the cuddle time!

I think that if you get your supply in good balance then you can "relax" and let the babies sort it out. Good luck! I hope you find it works for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->