breathing - question for baby wearers

Cattia

Reaction score
I have a baby bjorn and Abigail sleeps like a dream in it and it is great for taking her around the shops or getting stuff done at home. I am also planning to make a mei tai for her. However I have noticed that she sleeps with her little face pushed into my chest and I worry that she might suffocate. Does anyone else have this experience with slings? Should I somehow try to get her to sleep with her head sideways or is it OK for her to sleep like this with her face in my chest? Do you think she would wake herself up if she couldn't breathe? This worry makes wearing her not very relaxing for me!

My lo does this when he falls asleep in his moby but once he's asleep I normally just turn his head to one side x

I used to worry about this in the Bjorn, I just used to check constantly that she was still breathing, lol. If I turned her head to the side she would turn it back. I don't think they would keep their head in a position where they couldn't breathe :)

We have a mothercare sling which is very similar to the bjorn. Helen also sleeps squashed against my chest, I try not to worry about it. When I bf lying down her nose seems quite squashed but she seems perfectly happy!

I turn his head if I'm really worried.

Thanks ladies. I try to turn her head but she turns it back. I guess baby bjorn might have got sued if babies were frequently suffocating in their slings so I will try not to worry.

:lol: yup! I'd assume so!! Yeah I wouldn't worry too much :) just keep checking if you worried ^_^ xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->