Bree Georgie dec 08 2008

Pebbles

Reaction score
Ok here goes had last one typed out and hit wrong button )))) oh well im also 7 weeks l8 bettet l8 than never too i suppose.
2pm on the 7th of december i was out shopping at tescos and was hit with one mother or a contraction.. left there for home and thought i shall put the xmas tree up for something to take my mind of these contractions that were very erratic but fierce. so 10 mins apart and only lasting up to 45 secs this went on until 5pm when the intensity stepped up a bit. i sat and watched some dram i had taped and was getting very hot.. tea went all i had was a drink.

7.30pm and i was getting the feeling to go as i held on long enough, called the delivery suite and they told me ot come in. got there and it was sooo hot in the delivery room as they had the lamp on the incubator? im thinking what the heck. anyways the midwife told me i was her first of the day and that she was due off duty in hour and half. (later found out incubator was because im not a 1st time mum and they thought iwas going ot give birth there and then) IF ONLY!!

new midwife came on and she done a cervical check .. well i was 4cm dilated wtg! so she said i could go for a walk OH went ot get his coat I knew better she meant round the room as i had way too much amniotic fluid ot be let loose ).. spent an hour walking and on birthing ball but then the bravery went and i needed the gas and air. she left us until 11pm and came in and asked what i wanted to do i held of unitl midnight and i needed to up th epain relief,
I opted in the end and with a bit of persausion to have an epidural. They advised this as i had been admitted 5 times in pregnancy with bleeds and they like the canula in incase u heamorage. she was gr8 at explaining that its best they look at it from a worst case scenario so there readyto act.. made sense.
Epidural was given around 1am and worked within half an hour but only down one side, top up later and me on my left side for a while done the trick.
was left ot my own devices which werent much as i had to be lying down due ot epidual. so sat and sang ot the songs on the radio for a few hours , waters still hadent broke by 4am and i was 8cm gone. they considered breaking them but bree was not fully down and due to excessive water they werent weanting to risk a cord prolapse.. was rechecked at 5.30 and was 10cm dilated, WTG! usually with my other babies they were out within a few minutes.. nothings usual in birth though huh, anyways my midwife was going of duty at 7.30 and she was determined i was giving birth before . so was i!
7.15 nothing and the new shift came in (( my waters still not broke so m/w said try lying on your left side it often works.. so i was on ly side theywere discussing hand over my OH looked down under the bed and said what the heck is that, i then heard what the heck that was..It was my waters breaking.... WOOOSHHH ... WOOOSHH it went on forever. now i know what too much fluid sounds like!!!!!

My m/w said i aint going anywhere now, the new midwife and assistant (her 1st delivery) what a way to start a shift huh, started pushing at 7.31 ish and out she came 7.34... OH cut cord and she was laid on my chest.. as they saw to the placenta. anyways i had that heamorage they thought i might and i was admitted .. had a long w8 all day and night and was worried sick
they were talking about blood transfusion which sounds worse than it is after explanation. anyway next day blood was taken and I was let loose as my levels were ok.... they thought Bree had a blind spot in her eusophagous and may have needed admitted to neo natal and surgically fixed .. well down came my second fairy godmother she didnt need it and off we came home ))

since then its been the usual settling in etc..... hope this helps )

Pebbles

Congratulations hun, what a lovely christmas present! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"