Brick red blood?

Eegee

Reaction score
Yesterday my abdomen was a little bit achy but not massively so, and it was just in the front area, unlike when I'm due on when it makes my back and thighs hurt too. Now today I feel fine but when I went to the toilet I noticed some tiny pink specks on the tissue. I rolled up a piece of tissue and dabbed it in the entrance and there was nothing really there, but 15 minutes later there was some brick red discharge - slightly watery looking blood but some small clumpy bits in it (not like clots though if that makes sense). I put my finger into the entrance and there was a fair amount on my finger - it's a bit like the start of my period only a different colour I suppose.

I've called the EPU and they've told me to use a pad for 24 hours and keep an eye on it, but can anyone reassure me in the meantime? I'm really upset.

I had my scan last Monday and the baby was fine, measuring 11w3d. The only thing I can think is I had to run for a taxi this morning but I was careful to not jiggle around too much so I'm not sure if that could have caused it. I was also tested for an infection (BV or thrush) on Monday and I'm waiting for the results.

Thanks in advance :)

Had a quite scary bleed myself a few days ago, proper panicked, especially when someone commented saying "sounds like a mc.".
Do as the hospital says and keep an eye on it, if you are still unhappy, then go into hospital. The difficulty is, they don't tend to take it as seriously when there's no significant pain alongside the bleeding. Obviously because any sinister bleeding usually is coupled with pain. It isn't always the case, but most of the time proper pain and bleeding are the bad signs.
Keeping everything crossed for you, and like I said, if you are not happy, go to hospital last and ask that they check baby is okay. You know your own body, and don't let others fob you off or make you feel like your fears are invalid. That's what I did, and thankfully I did go to get checked and everything is fine, but had it not been and i hadn't got checked and something bad had happened, I would never have forgiven myself or the people who told me to wait and see. X

It could be a bit of a bleed but doesn't necessarily mean mc. I've been bleeding on and off for 2.5 weeks now, pink, brown, bright red with big clots - it's really scary! My scan saw a pocket of fluid apart from the baby that they feel is causing the bleeds. It may or may not be mc. Lie down, it reduces cramps and bleeding and stay hydrated. I hope it stops soon:hugs:

Thanks for the reassurance. I've spent most of the afternoon in bed. I hate that all I can do is wait. There hasn't been any more bleeding, just a small amount of very, very pale tan discharge, but of course I've been laying down which may have eased it. I'm not really having any pain - a small niggle underneath my tummy button but that feels like it's probably unrelated, and it really is tiny.

Also I am O- and I know that after 12 weeks if you have a bleed you're supposed to have an anti-D injection. I'm 12 weeks and 1 day so I'm not sure if I should or not as it's so close to the 12 week point and I don't want to come across as a hypochondriac. If it's important I will look into it tomorrow when I will hopefully know a little more about what is going on with the bleeding.

Thanks again :)

Hi hon. I'd call again to get in for a scan...or just go to a&e to get one. So sorry you're going through this. I'd want to get checked though...to be sure that all is wells but mostly for peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->