Bridesmaid at 24 weeks...

PlatinumBaby

Reaction score
My best friend from college is getting married in June and I literally just found out that I am pregnant 3 days ago. I didn't really want to tell anyone yet, but she just went out looking for bridesmaid dresses (way late in the game might I add) so I let her know and asked that she keep it in mind when looking at styles. Now, I was unable to make it to the whole bridesmaid outing to find a bm dress because my flight got cancelled and I live 6 hours from her. First, she was a little shocked and then she turned and announced to everyone with her in the bridal salon that they need to be searching for a dress that will fit a pregnant belly, but keep me from looking like an elephant trodding down the aisle. I let that comment go and told her to send me pics if she found anything. The next day she called me to tell me she had decided on dresses and she sent me the links. Both are form-fitting, strapless dresses that kind of wrap across the front so with a belly it kind of splits further open... I'm already 5'9" so a short dress that's going to get shorter scrares me, not to mention it's definitely not something I would consider pregnancy- friendly. When I tried to explain my concern she told me that she was sure I wouldn't gain much wait since I know I will be in her wedding and that this is really just one of those situtions when I just need to suck it up no matter how I look in the dress because this is about her. She then went on that she really can't help that my husband and I chose to start a family at such an inconvenient time.

I am super pissed... Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions on how to proceed...anything? The girls are wearing different dresses anyway so I sent her a few that were part of the same line that I would be more comfortable in and she vetoed all of them.:nope:

I'm sorry love but she sounds like a right jealous cow! Of course the day is about her, but she needs to remember you are pregnant and will need to be comfortable, you aren't trying to upstage her. And her basically saying you can't put weight on because you are part of her wedding - I'm lost for words! I, personally, would tell her to shove her wedding up her arse - but maybe not in such a direct way lol.

I am due to be bridesmaid at 33weeks and told my friend about it she was really supportive. I let her know that if she wanted to find someone else I'd be ok with it but she point blank refused. Luckily she is going for floor length dresses with an empire line and made sure she got me one with plenty of room.
If she had had the same reaction your friend had I'd be so upset and tell her where to stick it. Is it possible that it's her jealousy making her want to have you sticking out or could she be pushing you to pull out rather than being a grown up and asking nicely if she's uncomfortable having you as part of her wedding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->