Bright yellow pee?! Anyone have this and a BFP?

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
I've been posting in the Pregnancy Test gallery, because I can see lines on my tests, and lots of other women can. I'm 9 or 10dpo.

For the past 3 or 4 days, my pee has been bright yellow. Like the tissue paper would be yellow when I wipe. When I do pregnancy tests, I have a little cup that I pee into to dip the strip. When I empty the cup, the pee is VERY yellow. I've Googled it and some people suggest dehydration, but I'm not drinking any less than normal. I'm not a massive water drinker, but I think I drink almost enough, and my pee has NEVER been this colour.

No matter how much water I've drank over the past couple of days, it's still bright yellow. Has anyone ever had this and gone on to have a BFP?

Also, I'm taking multivitamins and minerals, but my pee has been yellow since before I started it. I've been taking folic acid for a few years now too, and I know that wouldn't cause it.

Thanks in advance ladies!

:dust:

I'm the same as you right now!

I'm 10dpo and my pee is very yellow! I am peeing a lot more also, sick of seeing the toilet!

It'd be lovely to know if anyone else has had this and had a BFP! Intrigued.

:dust: to all :)

Are you taking any prenatal vitamins?
I notice a huge change in urine colour when I have taken my vitamins.

ETA.... apparently I missed your last sentence lol

Vitamins can make it bright yellow, especially the B group ones.
Or some foods can alter the colour was well. Such as asparagus makes it a bit green and beetroot a bit pink.

Are you taking any prenatal vitamins?
I notice a huge change in urine colour when I have taken my vitamins.

ETA.... apparently I missed your last sentence lol

Multivitamins which have a lot of B's.
B1 - thiamine - RDA 1786%
B2 - riboflavin - RDA 1562%
B3 - niacinamide - RDA 278%
B5 - pantothenate - RDA 833%
B6 - pyridoxine - RDA 2500%
B12 - cobalamin - RDA 2500%

Maybe that's why :haha: I think I'll just stick to folic acid then, the urine change worries me!

Vitamins can make it bright yellow, especially the B group ones.
Or some foods can alter the colour was well. Such as asparagus makes it a bit green and beetroot a bit pink.

the multivitamins I take have a lot of B's...
B1 - thiamine - RDA 1786%
B2 - riboflavin - RDA 1562%
B3 - niacinamide - RDA 278%
B5 - pantothenate - RDA 833%
B6 - pyridoxine - RDA 2500%
B12 - cobalamin - RDA 2500%

the pre-natal vitamins can cause your urine to turn bright yellow. but the more water you drink the more diluted this will become so in the afternoon/evenings your urine shouldn't be bright yellow.

and FYI my urine did go bright yellow without taking vitamins when i got my BFP with my youngest so it can be a sign. fingers x'd x

It could be anything from the vitamins, to food you're eating, dehydration, a UTI..?

It could be anything from the vitamins, to food you're eating, dehydration, a UTI..?

I think it's the vitamins, I'm eating the usual foods, drinking plenty of water and havent got a UTI haha x

I agree on the B vitamins, my pee has been practically neon since I started taking prenatal vitamins!

I agree on the B vitamins, my pee has been practically neon since I started taking prenatal vitamins!

Same. It's so neon I don't need to switch the light on in the bathroom at night, my pee almost lights up the room! :haha:

I had this with both BFPs- after it goes very cloudy too!
But yeah I would wipe and the tp is yellow.....wish I had it right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->