Britax..

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
Britax First Class Si Plus car seat.... or Britax First Class Plus Car Seat... second is a bit more expensive... guessing thats better??

We have the first class plus and havent had any problems. Except for the metal buckles got really hot in the sun the other day and burnt her leg :( But I guess that would happen with all of them. :(

It looks like only the plus is on the britax website now....maybe the si is just the older version? Do they both have the same RF limits?

Erm yeah they do i think, its not very high just 13KG but i cant afford a really expensive one that goes RF longer, The only difference that i can see seems to be

well this is what it says about plus
* Rearward facing for newborn babies (birth to 13kg), then forward facing for children from 9kg to 18kg
* Click & Safe audible harness system is designed to aid you when securing your child in the seat
* 5 point safety harness
* Side Impact Protection with deep, softly padded side wings
* Unique pitch control system reduces forward movement in the event of an accident
* Performance chest pads
* 5 recline positions the seat adjusts without disturbing your child (when forward facing)
* Newborn insert provides extra comfort for the younger child
* Extended recline position and newborn insert create a more natural sleeping position (when rearward facing)
* Spring loaded belt locking mechanism allows easy installation
* Slim base for a better fit in cars with sculptured seats
* 2 seat belt routing options (when forward facing)
* Harness retainers make it easy to get your child in and out of the seat
* Quick-remove cover without interfering with the cover
* Softly padded and washable cover
* 3 point belt installation (rearward and forward facing)
* Spare cover available separately
* Weight: 7.5kgs
* Dimensions: 66cm x 45cm x 57cm (HxLxD)

and this about Si one,

* 5 point safety harness with one pull adjustment
* Side Impact Protection
* Performance Chest Pads
* Rearward facing for Newborns (birth to 13kg)
* Forward facing for Children (9kg to 18 kg)
* Pitch Control reduces forward movement in even of an accident
* 5 Reclining Positions (forward facing only)
* Extended Recline Position and insert (rearward facing only)
* Spring loaded belt locking mechanism for easy installation
* Alternative belt routing for fitting in wider range of cars
* Newborn insert cushion provides extra comfort
* Conforms to R44/04

But the Plus is about £40 more...

I have the britax plus and love it x

Halfords have money off them at the moment too so would make it £111 instead of £139!

Have you looked on kiddicare? Think we got ours there.. And they send you free sunblinds too and delivery is super quick!

Ive not no.. I will, i was going to go into halfords next week and have them try it in my car etc, then order one online to save some money!

Good idea about trying it! Im pretty sure Kiddicare is always the cheapest. Think they do a deal where they will match the price if you find it cheaper elsewhere too. And the free sun blinds are always handy :D

yeah, they had a deal a while ago on a discount if you bought two, and since my mum was thinking of getting one aswell, ill shop around, just wanted to check those seats were good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->