Bronchiolitis

donnarobinson

Mommy Of 3 Boys
Reaction score
Cruz has had this about 5/6 times he's had in 3 times in 6 weeks last time 2.5 weeks ago he ended up in hospital his oxygen was low they gave him steroids and an inhaler
He's got it back again today the dr put him on the nebuliser and it's helped slightly have to keep an eye on him and give him his inhaler every 4 hours
Why does he keep getting it and so often poor boy it's so sad
Anyone have any experience of this does it mean he will get asthma when he's older
Drs are pretty useless x

Poor Cruz. Hope he gets better soon I've no experience of this before but DD2 got bronchiolitis when she was 12 days old. spent time in hospital oxygen feeding tube etc.

She now has a chest infection sounds awful. On antibiotics for it. Curious (worried) about how this will effect her health growing up.

Really hope he gets better quickly . Just a note we have bought a air vapouriser you can buy the vapour pads or us an oil.
xx

Thanks I'll have to get one of those hope ur dd is better soon it's horrible when there poorly x

no advice but hope your lo is better soon.

My ds had this for about three weeks when he was around six weeks old, it only got diagnosed then and he'd been bunged up since he was born. I went to his six week check and the dr told me to take him to the hospital as his breathing was rattling.

I hospital a lot of questions, about asthma too. The dr said they don't even consider asthma until children are around three years old. They told me this wouldn't impact on anything - remember it's cold too so our little ones will pick up viruses so easily, especially when their immune system is so low xx

My 4 year old was in hospital a lot over the years with viral induced wheeze and got bronclitis at 6 months. His almost 5 and is asthmatic and uses inhaler often. They say they don't usually diagnose before 5 as they can outgrow it.

Hope your LO gets well soon, it's not nice at all x

My little guy got his first bout of rsv positive bronchiolitis at just a few days old, spent 3.5 weeks in hospital (5 days on life support) with a few complications (pneumonia, collapsed lung, air in the chest cavity, bacterial infection) Since then he has had it a few times and it always goes from ok to severe very quickly.
I think when they get it young it leaves them more susceptible,-although that's just my opinion.

sethsmummy. You've got a fiesty one there!. Awful to go through. I agree with your last comment!.

How's Cruz doing now? x

Haha he definitely likes to keep us on our toes. His first year was spent. In and out for different reasons and he's waiting on surgery now for sleep apnoea.

I hope little Cruz is doing ok now xx

Bronchiolitis often lasts for weeks and weeks, usually when my daughter has had it, even with antibiotics, the actual inflammation of the airways hangs around for about 3-4 weeks or even longer. So it's likely it's not that he's had it multiple times, but it's the same thing, but it's just taking a long time to clear.

That said, some babies and kids are more prone to it because of other health conditions, like asthma or allergies, or environmental things (like exposure to smoke or mould or that sort of thing). I'm assuming he's had antibiotics. The inhaler should help, and the nebulizer is wonderful (I've used one myself when I had pneumonia badly and was in hospital and it made a real difference). But an inhaler helped my daughter when she used to get it lots. It can mean a child has asthma, but not necessarily. I do have asthma myself, so I'm prone to chest infections, but I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with it for her (as she has no other indications of asthma). It is very normal for babies and young toddlers and most of my friends' babies have ended up in the hospital briefly with it at some point.

I'm curious what antibiotics your lo was given Mindutopia? it's just bronchiolitis is a viral infection so antibiotics don't work.

My son has been in hospital twice in the last month and now has steroids and an inhaler. We were told since he has significant eczema plus his dad has asthma that he is now in the 'likely' category for having asthma. For those not in the category it is simply called a viral induced wheeze and is very commom. Children have weaker immune systems so until that builds up they are susceptible to many viruses and bacterial infections xxx

Asthma runs in both sides of our families DD1 seems fine but colds etc seem to go straight to DDs chest. Shea still a bit wheezy now. interesting views.

Hows Cruz ??. xx

He's been poorly with a bad chest again since this had to take him a&e on Saturday he's not to bad at the minute tho thank you x

My daughter had bad bronchiolitis this kiwi winter. She had a partially deflated lung, lower lung infection, infection behind the heart and worker breathing. The whole thing lasted 3 months.

We has antibiotics. The symptoms for a viral and bacterial infection are the same/similar and if it is bacterial babies can go downhill fast so they prefer to give theme if unsure.

After my daughter recovered she started to get sick again, similar cough and wheeze. I went to my holistic doctor (a gp who uses natural alternatives that have been proven to work).

As I was breastfeeding at the time I was advised to take myself... vitamin c from a whole food, cod liver oil and andrographis. I gave to my daughter a spoon of organic Virgin coconut oil daily and eccinechea. Thus really seems to help.

It may be worth a visit to a naturopath to ask about this route.

Now DD2 has croup !!!.

Had to take her to A and E over the weekend was given a steriod to help.
Its becoming a very frustrating winter !!.

Now DD2 has croup !!!.

Had to take her to A and E over the weekend was given a steriod to help.
Its becoming a very frustrating winter !!.

Oh no sorry to read that :(

Winter is always the worst for us. When my eldest was younger we were admitted into hospital plenty of times with viral induced wheeze. He hasn't gone into school today as his wheezing, coughing and has a temp!

His now been prescribed montelukast to help (he hasn't been on that for a while) as well as blue and brown inhaler

oh that's awful babyjan. Hope hes better soon and his medicine gives him a boost!

DD2 has had to have another steroid. Really disturbing her now.

oh that's awful babyjan. Hope hes better soon and his medicine gives him a boost!

DD2 has had to have another steroid. Really disturbing her now.

Is that the lil pink medicine? It taste really horrible apparently. My child hated it! Poor kids. Hope your DD is better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->