Bronchitis and pregnancy :(

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
So Monday I was diagnosed with strep throat (it's been making it's rounds through our house) .. I started antibiotics (just amoxicillin twice daily) and started feeling much better the next day... Well then Wednesday I started coughing and it got so bad so fast, lost my voice, terrible pain when coughing, chest tightness/wheezing, hard ro take a deep breath. So 2 er visits later (the first visit, wed/thurs midnight, was seriously useless and I am not going to pay that bill because the Dr told me because I was pregnant he wouldn't run tests and I just had strep and wasn't giving the antibiotics enough time to work, even though I told him I saw vast improvement for the strep and these were entirely new symptoms) so after getting much worse since then I went to another place tonight and got the whole work up and turns out I have bronchitis now that's bordering pneumonia.. So they've told me to stop the amoxicillin and start Zpack.. They said I should start to see major improvement within 24 hours and honestly it can't come soon enough. I'm absolutely miserable!!
Anyone been in my shoes before? :cry: :sad2: I'm such a sad sack right now!!!

Oh, yes. I've had bronchitis at some point during ALL of my pregnancies. Last pregnancy, I was in labor with bronchitis, which was REALLY miserable. Of course, the bronchitis was gone the day after my baby was born, haha, but I could not breathe when I was in labor. Anyway, I treat mine naturally, so it takes about 3-5 days to get it completely out of my system, depending on the strain. (It will last about a month for me to kick it if I don't treat it at all.)

That being said, ZPak should start working very quickly. A few of my friends who've had bronchitis while pregnancy were prescribed ZPak and were better within a few days.

Yes I've just got over what sounds like the same bug, if we were in the same country I'd say it was THE same bug! I got over it in about 2 weeks, but my husband is still suffering with the wheeze and cough, it's vile. He's done pneumonia specific antibiotics, and no real change. Hope it goes soon xxx

Xd, how do you treat it naturally? Maybe I could add in some natural stuff too, as I'm so desperate and just want to stop coughing!! I am better tonight than I have been the last few nights but it's still miserable!!!

Xd, how do you treat it naturally? Maybe I could add in some natural stuff too, as I'm so desperate and just want to stop coughing!! I am better tonight than I have been the last few nights but it's still miserable!!!

Tons of hot tea with honey to soothe the throat and quiet the cough. More importantly, 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of warm water with (preferably raw) honey to taste. This helps to kill the bacteria/virus and heals the throat and quiets the cough (over time) all in one. It isn't very yummy, but it does work. I also use it to heal sinus infections, since I tend to get them a few times per year as well. I hope you're doing better!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->