Broody...

Nia22

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post. Will give you a little background info...I am 22 (almost 23 ;)) and have been with my partner for 2 years (He is 26). We have just got a house and both have good, fairly well paid jobs.

I did not think I wanted kids...in fact I was very sure I didn't. I have always been on the BCP and never had a pregnancy scare, however, the BCP did cause me to lose my sex drive so I decided to come off it about a month ago....however, since i've come off it I've been getting really broody ...it's totally unlike me...all I can think of is having a baby. :wacko:

I trust and respect my partner 100% so therefore I have always been honest with him regarding my birth control. I told him straight away when I had stopped taking it a month ago and I must admit we have had unprotected sex a few times since then. He has not made any effort to use condoms or anything although we did discuss it. I have taken a test but it was a BFN...I think any symptoms I have been having are due to me coming off the pill but I guess I could be pregnant. It wouldn't show up on a test yet anyway i'm assuming.

I did discuss the baby thing with my partner. He loves kids - he told me this the first time I met him and I have seen him with other people's babies and he is really good with them! But he said we can't afford it right now but at the same time he didn't totally rule it out......:wacko:

Why am I so broody all of a sudden?!! AHHHHH. wtf is wrong with me? I really love my OH so if he says we aren't financially stable enough then that is cool and I respect that....but why then is he not forcing the condom issue. I know for a fact if I was pregnant he would totally stand by me and be 10000% supportive as he is just that type of person.

Sorry go blab, just need to get it off my chest!!!

Its great DH wants kids as much, I am sure if you are not pregnant, you will be going for it in the very near future. Good luck X

Thanku for your reply, ahhh, I hope so....I think it is the money thing which would hold him back...although we both have good jobs, we have just got a new house so it's been quite stressful and put more of a strain on the finances

xx

Hey welcome to BnB, and to WTT! Maybe you should wait this one out, see what happens, and in the meantime have a really frank discussion with your OH about the condom issue (or lack of lol) and see what kind of time scale would be realistic? Most people find that having a date makes it a bit easier.
However, as you say the pill really messes you up! It mucked my body up too lol. It might just be a bit of a hormone imbalance. Wait until you cycles are completely back to normal and then see how you feel.
Good luck and I really hope you enjoy your stay :)

Hi Nia! Welcome to BnB! I was kinda in the same situation with my hub about TTC and such...he is always talking about money and being stable with our money and so on. He can be so hot and cold about the situation but he told me when I'm ready then he will be ready...we will see if that happens when sept rolls around when I am wanting to TTC! OH can be up and down when it comes to starting a family when they have money on the mind but I wish you the best of luck! I think if you were to be preg now no matter what it will all work out and be amazing for the both of you! I'm glad your joined this forum! The ladies here are the best and so helpful! Well I hope I helped out a little bit...I'm know to ramble so sorry for that :hugs:

Hey and welcome :)

I am totally the same it just kind of happened over a couple of months and now that is all I can think about..

Awwww we all get broody, its just natures way of saying we are ripe for the picking I think :rofl:

Besides, if we didn't get broody I don't think mankind would do so well. I was totally set against the idea of children until the middle of last year, now all of a sudden I want to be a mummy, share my knowledge of the world and share my love :happydance:

Me too, the broodiesness hit me about 18mts ago n now is all I can think about. I'll admit that at times I can be a hopeless romantic, but to me if it feels right and OH isn't objecting? Why wait to TTC? Money is always going to be an issue unless you're a millionaire!

All my OH thinks about is money and how having a baby will effect us financially but we've both got good jobs too, so I felt he was being a bit selfish in that respect, ie. he's more worried about making as much as he can, not about actual money worries. Anyway we've agreed to TTC in oct! N believe me that took a lot of persuasion.

Good luck!

x

uhhh quick question...what does broody mean?! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back