Brothers Liam and Leon - too similar?

Hope83

Me, DH, DS & DD :)
Reaction score
What are your thoughts?
We're really struggeling on agreeing on a name for DS2.
I'd like a L letter name, ideally with 4 letters and we had kinda settled on Luke until my in-laws badmouthed the name :nope:
Last night I couldn't sleep and thought Leon is a nice name too. But is it too similar to Liam?

I guess they are pretty similar to be confused now and again but I do like both names and think they go well together :)

They're both lovely names, but a bit too similar for me. Try shouting both of them as if you're calling them inside/to dinner/etc. I think they sound a bit too alike.

I do like the name Luke though, and wouldn't really care what the in-laws say. He's your baby and only you and your OH have a say in this.

What about Lucas? I like l names too and love Lucas if we have another boy

Too similar for me too.

I wouldn't let my in-laws put me off a name either, and I think Liam and Luke sound nice together.

Yes they are a bit similar but I wouldn't let it put you off if you really like the name. I have Jessica and Jasmine and can sound very similar when we refer to shortened name Jess and Jazz.

How about Leo instead of Leon? It's still a short L name, but with a different sound to Liam. Luke is lovely, I honestly wouldn't worry what the in-laws think

I would stick with Luke as well. Liam and Luke are a much better sob-set and I like Luke better than Leon anyway. Who are your in laws to comment negatively on your name choice!? I agree that Liam and Leon are both great names but too similar for brothers, it's very likely get confusing a lot.
Oder 4 letter L names:
Luca
Loki
Lenn
Luis
Lark

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members