Brown bleeding, going hospital now :(

lovepurple90

Reaction score
Had a fair amount of brown bleeding over the past few days so I'm on my way to A&E now.. I have no midwife yet and no designated hospital, so I'm going to my local hosp. What should I ask the doctors? To check my blood levels? For an ultrasound? For an internal scan? Any help would be fab xx

Should I be checking for HCG levels or progesterone levels? Etc

didnt want to read and run, when you go to A&E, they will prob take your bloods, get you to do a pregnancy test and hopefully get you in for a scan. Fingers crossed its old blood xx

For me they took a urine sample and gave me a scan, hope all is ok..

Cant see what country your in.

In uk they do very little at this stage.
My hosp only scan mon-fri until 4pm. In week 5 isnt much to see on a scan.

When i was in hosp lady was admitted at around 6w all they did was blood and internal check.

I hope they help you out. Good luck.

In the uk at my hospital they wouldn't see you.
Epau runs 8.30-4.30 mon-fri, only seen with gp or midwife referral and definitely not for brown spotting.
Hopefully it's nothing xx

Thanks ladies, I'm in London and just got back. As expected they didnt do much, took my blood and urine and said theyd call me tomorrow to book a scan! How am i supposed to wait? Doubt i'll get the scan tomorrow, theyll just call to book the appointment.. So stressed, the brown light bleed has a tint of pink in it now :( x

Aw..I'm sorry they didn't give you a scan. Hope everything is ok.

:( I'm sorry they didn't do much for you. My fingers are crossed that they can fit you in tomorrow. Make sure when they call you back to tell them its turning pink.

I hope everything turns out ok. I think as long as your not having to change your pad more than every hour , hopefully it might just be old blood. I had a scan a few weeks ago and she said she could see an area of bleed so if I bleed not too worry.

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

I know it's scary, but I've been going through the same thing from 5 weeks up to now at 8 weeks. I have consistent brown spotting that sometimes has pinkish tint to it, and the color of the brown and the consistency of it changes. And I also get pretty strong cramps that feel just like menstrual cramps. I was convinced I was starting to have a miscarraige when it started at 5 weeks, but I've had 2 scans and all sorts of blood tests done to check my levels, and so far, the baby is okay. That spotting can freak you right out though. Try to breathe...this doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong or will end badly, but it's still important to have things checked out, mostly to give you answers about what's going on. My doctor ended up finding a polyp on my cervix which is what she suspects is causing all this, but we're still not 100%. Just keep in mind that spotting can happen in early pregnancy and it continue to be healthy. Hang in there! <3

Thank you all for being so reassuring. I just got a call asking me to come in at 11am, so I'm going to get ready and go to the emergency unit. I really hope everything's ok and this turns out to be nothing too serious xx

Thank you all for being so reassuring. I just got a call asking me to come in at 11am, so I'm going to get ready and go to the emergency unit. I really hope everything's ok and this turns out to be nothing too serious xx

Got my fingers crossed for you hun, I hope it goes well xx :hugs:

Hi ladies, had a manic day. Went to hospital, they did an internal scan because I'm not far along enough to have a normal scan. She saw the sac, she couldn't see the baby but could see a yolk type thing within the sac (she said the baby won't be visible yet). I'm booked in for another scan on 12/06. She said the bleeding could be old blood especially since it hasn't increased or turned red etc. She said not to worry, that it's common in early pregnancy so I'm hoping its all ok. Thank you so much for all the support xxx

That's good. Hope the brown/pink stops soon for you. I know how nerve racking that can be during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->