Brown dots on nipples?

luz

Reaction score
Hey ladies, i'm hoping some of you have a similar experience to mine , i'm not looking for help, just wondering if this is normal.

When i first started bfing (LO is 21 months now) it was really hard on my nipples. They would chap and bleed and the only way i know how to explain it is that they would peel a little bit? Anyway once they got used to it there were these little brown specks in them. My LO has been weaned for about 3 months and the little specks stayed there. I've never really worried about them or taken the time to examine them because i figured they were completely normal.

Anyway, last night before i got into the shower i was picking at the little clogged pores on my boobs (weird, i know) and i noticed it looked like i had a pimple on my nipple or something. So i barely touched it and it pulled off, like it was dried up colostrum or something. So i wondered what would happen if i did the same thing to the brown spots and they all started coming off!

Anyone know what in the world these little brown specks are and why they would stay on for so long, even through feedings, and then when i go and barely scratch at it with my fingernail they fall right out? It didn't hurt to get them out, and after i did notice a little something leaking, i figured just colostrum, so i'm not worried, just a little weirded out by it all wondering what the crap!

They are essentially blackheads or blocked pores, at least that's what it sounds like. They are very common xx

They are essentially blackheads or blocked pores, at least that's what it sounds like. They are very common xx

I get Those all the time but only on my boob. This is actually on the nipple, like right where the milk would come out. So strange !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->