Brown or white bread?

AmeliasMummy

Reaction score
Title says it all really. We're gonna be giving Amelia little bits of toast within the next couple of weeks and was wondering what bread everyone uses. I've read quite a lot about it online and it's just confusing me tbh! Lol
Xx

Brown bread is generally considered better for them, my LO has brown bread but has occasional white bread as it all depends what's available!

I give whole wheat toast, depsters veggie bread or multigrain as theyre generally healthier as the flour used is unbleached.

Thank you! Me and my OH eat wholemeal bread but just wanted to make sure :)
Xz

If you use white pasta and rice give wholehrain bread. If you use whole grain pasta and brown rice give white bread. Too much fibre can be bad for young children

We use both brown or white depending what's on hand. Brown bread is fine as long as you aren't feeding it in massive quantities (of course, commercial bread is high in sodium so you shouldn't be feeding white in massive quantities either), as it can sometimes cause some digestive issues because it's higher in fibre. As a rule, I try to only do bread once a day, so will use either depending on what we have at the moment. I've never had any digestive issues from the brown bread though.

We give 100% whole wheat bread, but white pasta, since I cannot stand the texture of whole wheat pasta:haha: When I make muffins I try to use a mix of white and wheat or 6 grain flour.

We eat the "50/50" style breads at home, so that's what we give our LOs too. If I buy lunch out I tend to ask for brown bread unless we have baguettes in which case I buy white.

I use either, depending on what's in cupboard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->