Brown/pink discharge 6 weeks?

FuzzyLlama7

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m 6 weeks today and when I wiped there was stringy brown/pink discharge. Getting myself a bit worked up as it’s too late to be implantation and I got my positive test 3 weeks ago. The only saving grace is today is the first day I’ve felt very sick so symptoms aren’t disappearing but I’m still getting worried about m/c :(

Believe it or not, implantation bleeding can happen up to 9 weeks! I had 8 days of spotting from 5-6 weeks, again at 9 and again at 10 weeks. Similar color - Brown/tan or pink, and the doctor figured it was either implantation bleeding or a sensitive cervix. Try and stay off your feet for a few days and it should clear up. I know how scary it is! But it’s ridiculously common and I’m sure your LO is just fine :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately I can’t stay off my feet I’m a nurse and I’m night shift tonight :( last one tonight though then off until Weds. Feel a bit relieved knowing someone else has had it x

Hi! This is my third pregnancy and I'm 9 weeks. I had implantation bleeding this time around. Mostly brown and a lot of it. I had it around 4 weeks. It really took me off guard and I found it worrisome. It lasted about 24 hours and got less and less during that time. Never had this with previous pregnancies. So far, so good though. Hopefully, that's all it is for you too. ��

Have you had intercourse in the last day or so? It could be as simple as an irritated cervix, but I know it's hard not to worry.

Nope haven’t done so for maybe 5 days (long for us but I’m paranoid at this early stage lol)

Dude. You sound just like me! I posted about the same thing last week. I’m 7 weeks today and I seem to have a little pink or beige discharge every couple of days. Nothing much, just a bit when I wipe. I always put on a panty liner, but nothing much goes onto it. I hear this kind of thing is totally normal. As long as you aren’t having huge gushes of blood. I even had some cramping, but it usually only happens at night when all my bloating happens too. I think our bodies are doing a lot of changing and some discharge is normal. I freaked out too because I didn’t have anything like this happen with my DD, but then again every pregnancy is different! Going into the OB for my first appointment this Tuesday. Everything should be ok!

Good luck at your appointment NovaStar :) I have my booking in appointment with midwife on June 8th then have booked a private early scan for June 9th where I’ll be 7weeks and 6 days. Couldn’t cope until the 12 week scan without seeing he/she is ok! Damn anxiety.. x

I too had spotting at for 5 days starting at 5 weeks. I freaked out as well, luckily for me I had an appointment set up for the very next day with my OBGYN. Got an ultrasound and saw a sac but no baby. At 6 weeks 4 days got another ultrasound and there it was, heart beat and all.

Always get checked, because you never know, but don't worry too much, as long as you are not cramping and bleeding heavily you should be ok.

I had spotting with my first three pregnancies, and it was brown/pink. I had an ultrasound done with my second and there were blood clots in my uterus that were just coming out. It's also another common thing to happen during pregnancy. I have heard that about 1/3 of all pregnancies have bleeding, so it is something that happens a lot! I think as long as you're not cramping hard and filling up pads you're probably okay.

So I ended up at EPU to rule out ectopic as had bad pain on my right side. Baby is happy and healthy in the right place and the pain may be from a corpus luteum cyst(sp?). So relieved :) it also confirmed my dates exactly as I had them, 6 weeks 1 day

Attachments

• 765F0933-FC4F-421E-8B5B-6A5D3B4AA4BA.jpg
    765F0933-FC4F-421E-8B5B-6A5D3B4AA4BA.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
I wouldn't worry about spotting around this time in pregnancy. I spotted from 6 weeks up until 9 weeks. It was sometimes little bits of fresher blood too.

It would come and go for a few days at a time. I noticed that after the odd bowel movement I would spot a lot more (I was quite bloated, and constipated and tried my best not to strain at all but it still happened). I didn't have sex much, but when I did, I'd spot. Totally normal!

As long as you don't have any pain or fresher blood, it's usually quite a common thing!

If you're still worried you can always contact your midwife and you may be offered an early scan to make sure it's progressing well xxx

Oops didn't see the last page! Glad all went well at your EPU.

Glad everything turned out ok for you lovely! Hi little baby xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->