Brown Spotting at 7 weeks!

sheilarae07

Reaction score
I am scared. I am 7 weeks today. We were able to see the heartbeat on Wed. at 6w 4d. I took a LONG nap this afternoon and when I woke up, I had a very small amount of brown spotting. I know it's probably nothing but I need some reassurance. I really do not want to go to the hospital. Our local hospital has had 2 or 3 deaths from the flu this month!! I will definitely go if it turns red, but I don't want to expose myself to the flu over nothing major. I have used the bathroom twice and each time there has been spotting. It's not a whole lot, about the size of a quarter and only when I wipe.
Any advice or experience?

Usually they saw only to worry if you are having bad cramps and bleeding heavily.

I see no harm in waiting to see if it gets any worse

Fingers crossed for you, I'm sure it's nothing!

I may have freaked out prematurely. Just went back to the bathroom and the spotting has basically stopped.. THANK GOD!! I don't know if that means it is completely gone but it helps me to stop stress about it now.

I may have freaked out prematurely. Just went back to the bathroom and the spotting has basically stopped.. THANK GOD!! I don't know if that means it is completely gone but it helps me to stop stress about it now.

I'm assuming your US was transvaginal? I'd bet that's what stirred up any old blood up there. I had brown spotting after my pelvic exam this week. Not that I'm saying I didn't freak out too, but when you put the pieces together you probably have nothing to worry about.
Congratulations on your healthy baby :)

I assumed when I got done with my ultrasound that I would have some spotting. I always spot after those ultrasounds or a pap smear, but nothing happened until today. I am sure that's what caused it. It just took a couple days to make it's way out.

I had brown spotting on and off from 6 weeks and everything was fine :) I still worried but was all over nothing its normal sometimes aslong as its not red and has clots all should be ok :) good luck with everything xx

Glad it stopped. I usually say to get a scan when you're bleeding, but since you just had a trans. , maybe that's what caused it, and I wouldn't want to go to the hospital either! But I would at least give your OB a call...just to let him/her know what's going on. I know that when I was spotting/bleeding with my son, my dr. told me to take it easy--maybe they'll tell you to rest a bit, or want to run bloods.

I had this 3 days before my dating scan, would have been 6 weeks. It was spotting for a coupke drops then brown tinged CM for a day or two (TMI). I was sure our scan would be bad news, we had a miscarriage earlier in the year. But we saw a HB of 129 at 6w3d. Now I'm 9w3d and no spotting since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->